DHX Media (www.dhxmedia.com) is a leader in the creation, production and marketing of family entertainment. DHX Media owns, markets and distributes over 10,000 episodes of entertainment programming worldwide and licenses its owned properties through its dedicated consumer products business.
Known for its award-winning animated television series, our Vancouver studio is proud to employ a team of more than 200 of Canada's top artists, writers and producers. We're located in a 27,000 sq. ft. facility in Gastown, overlooking the Burrard Inlet and the stunning North Shore mountains and we've partnered with nearly everyone in the kids landscape including Classic Media, Jetix, YTV, Teletoon, Disney, Cartoon Network and WGBH. We offer competitive salaries and health benefits, a casual and open work environment which includes a lounge equipped with foosball and pool tables, and an in-house gym!
We are currently seeking a Programmer to join our team. Working directly with the lead developer, you will be assisting in the maintenance and development of our in-house production management system. You will directly contribute to the facilities expansion into the use of new technologies and software. You should be comfortable working in a fast paced environment, well organized, and familiar with modern programming methodologies.
• Maintaining and implementing new features in our in-house production management system written in PHP/Zend Framework;
• Taking part in the design and development of a new system written using Ruby on Rails;
• Working with various pieces of software (Adobe CS, Harmony and Maya) to create artist tools and automated systems.
• Work together with the IT Team to overcome any challenges production presents
The Ideal Candidate:
• High level of experience in PHP, Ruby on Rails, jQuery, GIT/Subversion
• Familiar with ExtJS, MS SQL Server/IIS Server, Python/MEL Scripting, Adobe Creative Suite (Flash, PS, AE, etc.), Autodesk Maya
• Ability to excel in a fast paced environment, adapting to multiple demands and shifting priorities;
• Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Desire to learn, try new things and think outside the box.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Server Products is an added bonus
- Date Posted:
- May 14, 2014 6:43 PM PDT
- DHX Media (Vancouver) Ltd.
DHX Media is a leader in the creation, production and marketing of family entertainment. DHX Media owns, markets and distributes over 10,000 episodes of entertainment programming worldwide and licenses its owned properties through its dedicated consumer products business. DHX Media is recognized for brands such as Yo Gabba Gabba!, Caillou, Teletubbies, In the Night Garden, Inspector Gadget, Johnny Test, and the... more