Move Canada, home of Top Producer’s innovative and award-winning products, has been serving the real estate market in North America for many years. By designing and developing the best suite of products on the market, Move Canada is at the forefront of both the real estate and software development industries!
We are one of the largest software development companies in BC and we offer an exciting, challenging and fast-paced environment where talented professionals can prosper. If you have a resourceful "can-do" attitude and you'd like to join a successful and innovative high-tech company, we'd like to hear from you.
Do you like to work on web applications that interact with millions of users? Are you experienced in leveraging the right open-source technology to solve problems? Do you like solving problems end-to-end? Can you make technical decisions and drive others to follow? Move is the developer and operator of realtor.com®, the top ranking search engine for real estate and neighborhood information. Move is currently looking for a talented individual to join the engineering team in Richmond, BC in the role of Principal Software Engineer.
We are looking for an individual with strong technical, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills. The ideal candidate has mastery of several open-source technologies, experience delivering software end-to-end, and is passionate about delivering high-quality software. In this role you will be exposed to (and expected to take advantage of) the exciting technical and business opportunities that realtor.com® and other sites of the Move Network have to offer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for end-to-end delivery of Realtor.com®’s back end, including design, implementation, testing, deployment, reliability, defect investigation and resolution
• Provide hands-on technical leadership
• Refine and promote team practices around architecture, quality, delivery process
• Identify and assist in mitigating technical, schedule, and other project risks
• Proactively collaborate with teammates and communicate with project stakeholders to ensure project efforts proceed efficiently and predictably
• Propose solutions/improvements based on latest industry innovation and trends
• Provide technical input into product roadmaps, negotiating compromises between business and technical constraints
• Post-secondary degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent industry experience
• 7+ years work experience in software/systems
• 2+ years experience with high traffic websites or services
• Strong full-stack development and technology foundations that show your effectiveness, including these areas:
o Building scalable data systems (Solr, MongoDB, …)
o Strong object-orientation skills (C#)
o Ability to deliver products and features rather than just writing code
o Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
• You inspire your teammates through your words, your actions, and frequent, small victories
• As an individual contributor, you get your hands dirty
• You define, implement, represent, and communicate your product development skills across organizational boundaries
• You are highly productive, self-motivated, creative, and focused
• Strong interest in user experience and the value delivered by your products
• Agile development experience
Move Canada’s total compensation package includes competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, and an RRSP contribution-matching program. In addition we also offer a tuition reimbursement program to help support our employees in reaching their educational goals.
Our culture includes a professional yet casual environment in which fun also plays a major part. Many company-sponsored events are held throughout the year and we also feature a Games Room complete with big screen satellite TV, foosball tables, pool table and more.
We believe in our people and provide them with a work environment that encourages personal growth and advancement. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a balanced lifestyle, and supports diversity. Our team is composed of an exciting mix of people from various backgrounds, reflecting the company's commitment to creating one of the best working environments anywhere.
To apply, please visit our website at http://www.movecareers.ca and select “Principal Software Engineer – realtor.com” from the list of available positions or email your resume to “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
- Date Posted:
- Aug 21, 2014 1:06 PM PDT
- Move Canada
Move Canada, home of Top Producer’s innovative and award-winning products, has been serving the real estate market in North America for many years. By designing and developing the best suite of products on the market, Move Canada is at the forefront of both the real estate and software development industries! We are one of the largest software development companies in BC and we offer an exciting, challenging and... more