A Thinking Ape is looking for a Product Lead for a full-time permanent position in our Vancouver office.
You will focus on game design for our family of top selling iPhone and Android MMORPG games. Ideally, you are looking to work in a startup environment and should enjoy having ownership and responsibility for your daily work.
As a Product Lead you will:
- Lead a team of developers to create the next generation of social mobile games.
- Set the long term and short term goals for products you are leading.
- Design complete game systems.
- Analyze user data to make informed decisions for a product.
- Serve as the voice of a product both internally and to our game’s community.
- Pitching and developing new mechanics for our games by validating assumptions through player feedback and user data.
Your background should include:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a game design role, and 1 year in a leadership role.
- A strong understanding of game mechanics and game content pipelines.
- Experience with free-to-play game mechanics and design.
- The ability and desire to contribute to unique concepts, ideas and solutions.
- In-depth knowledge of all game design processes.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- Excellent leadership skills, with experience in leading a team of at least 5 people.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in a game design role, and 1 year in a leadership role.
- Actively play mobile games.
- Experience with data analysis.
It would be a definite plus if you:
- Have a financial or economics background.
- Have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Have shipped a mobile game.
- Have worked on a successful online game.
If you have what we are looking for, please respond via email with your cover letter, resume and portfolio to email@example.com
- Date Posted:
- Jan 27, 2014 10:59 PM PST
- A Thinking Ape
A Thinking Ape is a small yet driven team that is dedicated to building strong mobile communities. With our collaborative approach to product design, we ensure the best ideas get the space they need to grow. Our team seeks out intuitive solutions to complex problems, and maintains strong ties to our hacker culture. more