Recon Instruments is the world leader in smartglass technology for sports and high intensity environments. Founded in 2008, Recon’s award winning multi-patent and patent-pending technology platforms integrate a Heads-up Display (HUD) with a state-of-the-art micro-computer and sensor suite that provide performance information, navigation, and more, direct-to-eye, in real-time. With worldwide distribution and partnerships with leading technology and optics companies, Recon continues to define and evolve the HUD category.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to work with Recon’s mobile, web, and platform development teams to help build the next generation of our Engage platform across heads-up display, web, and mobile devices. Reporting to the Director of Consumer Products, the Product Manager will be responsible for developing, managing and delivering our product roadmap. This individual will play a pivotal role in defining competitive market requirements as well as developing a winning go-to-market strategy that associates the roadmap with attainable growth and engagement targets.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Product Management leader to further develop and grow Recon’s innovative product offerings. You'll be challenged to blend customer centric requirements with industry-changing innovation while paying close attention to the needs of our target market. You will also work directly with senior leaders, as well as the rest of the product team, to create experiences that reinforce the brand and create that wow factor. Additional duties include generating and documenting detailed product requirements and management of product launches.
• Assist in defining the overall product vision and strategy for our existing and future web and mobile products
• Develop product positioning and messaging throughout various marketing research activities, insight into market opportunities, propose product ideas, and investigate competing products across multiple verticals
• Make decisions based on market size, growth potential and well-defined competitive advantage
• Define and document product requirements, user interface design and delivery goals
• Contribute to the product management lifecycle including development of functional specifications and release planning
• Manage and evangelize the day-to-day execution of the product roadmap, including execution of new features as well as appropriately prioritizing enhancements and bug fixes for existing features
• Prioritize product opportunities to maximize engagement, growth, and ensure on-time delivery
• Perform competitive analysis, attend industry conferences and events, and become knowledgeable on related product offerings.
• Monitor key benchmarks, analytics, test results, ROI, and present in a meaningful way to management and stakeholders.
• Write and maintain product user stories by performing business analysis and working with the other team members to understand use cases and how they translate into new features and product requirements
• Investigate new technology and product opportunities.
• Monitor internal processes for efficiency and validity pre & post product launch/interim release
• Help bring new product requirements to the ‘ready’ state with proper documentation prior to Sprint/Iteration commitments
• Act as the ‘go-to-person’ when it comes to web and mobile product release schedules and product roadmaps
Skills and Qualifications:
• 5+ years of software product management experience with a proven ability to ship mobile and web products on time and on budget
• Experience with web and mobile app development including public APIs, responsive design, iOS, and Android
• Understand agile software development best practices and the product management lifecycle
• BA/BSc or equivalent experience; MBA preferred
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills and high level of customer service for internal and external audiences
• Up-to-date on web and mobile UI/UX best practices and industry trends
• Strong Market research/target market analysis
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen in a fast-paced environment
• Must be an entrepreneur-at-heart who is enthusiastic, energetic and be able to work independently
• Passionate about web and mobile application software industry; has a keen tech market insight
• Knowledge of or experience with Bluetooth, Bluetooth Smart & Internet of Things (IoT)
• Knowledge of the wearable, quantified self, and digital fitness space, specifically products targeting the endurance market
• Love to ride, run and are familiar with popular cycling and running products
• You are a tech early adopter and gadget lover
Life at Recon
We brainstorm, design and prototype customer-focused products. At Recon our four core values are important to us. That's why we Create with Passion, Drive to Deliver, Wow the Customer, and Play as a Team.
Life at Recon means working with awesome technology in small teams with friendly people who are passionate about their craft. We also provide ways to let go and have fun because we believe people who enjoy their workplace create great things together.
So, what does fun look like to us? Ping-pong and foosball matches, Friday dinners, weekly happy hour, group bike rides, and company-wide events. At Recon, we care about our teams and fully embrace the west coast work-hard, play-hard mentality.
- Date Posted:
- Jan 15, 2015 1:23 PM PST
- Recon Instruments
- Recon Instruments
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Recon Instruments is the world leader in smartglass technology for sports and high intensity environments. Founded in 2008, Recon’s award winning multi-patent and patent-pending technology platforms integrate a Heads-up Display (HUD) with a state-of-the-art micro-computer and sensor suite that provide performance information, navigation, and more, direct-to-eye, in real-time. Recon’s HUDs run... more