Energy Exchange is seeking a Product Manager to lead the design and development of innovative and interactive products and services to promote energy literacy.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this role is a key position responsible for the success of products and services in the field. The right candidate will possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. The individual must be comfortable working closely with people and organizations at all levels, both internal and external.
If you are looking for a change from the corporate environment, our small team values everyone's ideas and provides excellent working conditions.
• Identify innovative and creative product solutions to meet needs for engaging and training adults outside the formal education system.
• Manage the entire product life cycle, from project planning to tactical implementation.
• Meet with customers, field and business partners, and other industry contacts to identify functional requirements.
• Translate product strategy into detailed product design and market requirements; develop product roadmaps; recommend product direction.
• Identify and manage vendors as necessary to provide specialized services.
• Work with development groups during the development cycle to ensure that the product meets customer requirements.
• Create buy-in for the product vision, both internally and with key external partners.
• Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact.
• Work with Communications/Marketing and other team members to develop appropriate plans and budgets to support project launch and delivery.
• Work with other team members to drive product launches.
• Provide support for other projects as needed.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• University degree in Communications/Business, Education, Technology or equivalent
• 5+ years product management experience
• Experience in product development, budgeting and implementation
• Solid understanding of product management processes, including understanding and/or hands-on experience with web-based platforms for public engagement and training purposes
• Business focus with strong technical background, well-developed analytical skills and excellent project management skills
• Demonstrated ability to formulate market and product requirements and to perform competitive analysis and feature/function assessment and prioritization
• Proven track record in managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its life-cycle
• Proven ability to develop product strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
• Ability to be proactive and to act with a sense of urgency
• Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
• Must be a positive contributor to our team environment and organizational mandate
Interested candidates may submit their resumé with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 28, 2014. Thank you for your submission. Please note that we will be able to contact only those most qualified for this opportunity.
- Date Posted:
- Nov 11, 2014 3:40 PM PST
- Energy Exchange - a division of Pollution Probe
Energy Exchange, a division of Pollution Probe, is dedicated to advancing energy literacy in Canada. It aspires to a future in which Canadians are united in their energy prosperity, rather than divided by their energy options. Energy Exchange sees energy literacy at the core of a sustainable future for Canada. It is committed to fostering an energy culture that will ensure that Canada’s immense and varied energy... more