Wattpad is a growing consumer technology startup based in Toronto. We are the world’s largest community for reading and writing, and we aim to enable the future of storytelling through a new experience that enables the creation of personal connections through millions of new stories.
At Wattpad, we are committed to a vision of people around the world being entertained, inspired and connected through the stories that matter to them. We are a product-centric company, and are looking for a Product Manager to guide our products boldly into the future.
As part of the Product Management team, you will be a steward of product success - isolating problems and opportunities across our product, and then working to find and deliver solutions in close concert with the design, development, community, marketing and business teams.
What you will be doing:
- Leading projects and conducting experiments towards our strategic objectives and goals
- Clearly defining and prioritizing product problems and opportunities - always making sure we’re working on the right things at the right time
- Build, manage and communicate product roadmaps to support our goals as a company
- Work closely with product design and engineering to better define, implement and iterate on solutions together
- Constantly honing your instincts by being proactive in learning about our community with the help of the people, data and insights at our disposal
- Leading with influence by building strong relationships across the company in data, business, marketing and community teams to help solve problems together.
What we're looking for:
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business
- At least 5 years experience in a Product Management role
- An understanding of the complexity of a large scale distributed system that supports millions of users everyday
- Experience working with product designers or developers on a team that has shipped multiple software milestones to users
- Ability to break down a complex project into manageable tasks and prioritize them
- Have strong opinions and instincts about what makes great products, but a thirst for data, insight and peer discourse to inform yourself better.
- Strong visual sensibilities, and an understanding of what makes a good user experience
- Experience with mobile and web technology
What we offer:
- Competitive salary & career growth
- Meaningful equity (stock options)
- Health benefits, fully covered on us!
- Transit pass, choice of technology, flexible hours
- A beautiful office in downtown Toronto, steps from Union and King station
- Date Posted:
- Jul 15, 2015 1:02 AM PDT
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Great stories bring people together! Wattpad is the world's largest community for discovering and sharing stories. It's a new form of entertainment connecting readers and writers through storytelling, and best of all, it's entirely free. With thousands of new stories added every day, an incredibly active community of readers, and the ability to read on your computer, phone, or tablet, Wattpad... more