Toronto, ON, Canada
We are looking for a driven, results-oriented individual, who excels in a team-oriented environment to join BlueCat’s Product Management Team, where you will play a key role in bringing to market new solutions within BlueCat’s core network services platform. Leveraging your knowledge of Network Management and/or Security, you will work with other Product Managers, Product Owners and Software Engineers to translate business requirements into detailed, value-centric product directives.
The ideal candidate loves to work with customers, is excited by cutting edge network technology, and is a creative thinker. You see customer engagements as partnerships, and strive to create and deliver value with every interaction. As a key team-member, you will play a leadership role working with a cross-functional Product Team throughout all aspects of the product lifecycle, driving to successful results and end-to-end management of value-driven programs.
- Product Direction: Contribute to product strategy and define business case in support of short- and long-term product goals.
- Market Research and Awareness: Maintain a high level of awareness of market requirements, trends, and competitor activity, clearly communicating findings and direction to company stakeholders by means of product briefs, whitepapers, datasheet content and customer presentations.
- Requirements Elicitation and Business Alignment: Meet directly with customers and serve as their delegate as a stakeholder, in addition to analyzing product positioning and usage patterns to develop an understanding of how best to focus and prioritize the product plan.
- Product Development Stakeholder: Capture and articulate customer and industry need, translating them into product requirements working closely with a team of Product Owners and Software Engineers to further refine and develop product ideas.
- Idea to Market Program Management: Execute on launch plans for new products and product enhancements, being accountable to its successful, to-scope and on-time delivery, in coordination with cross-functional teams, Product Owners and primary stakeholders.
- Driven, results-oriented individual, focused on execution in a team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated success in managing strategic customer relationships, with a proven track record of working with global development, sales and services teams without formal authority
- Excellent judgment in making trade-offs and finding simple solutions to complex problems
- Excellent communications capability for written, verbal, and presentation/collateral mediums
- Experience with layer 2 and 3 network device market and technologies is a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of Cloud and virtualized infrastructure is a plus
- Engineering or Computer Science and 5+ years related experience in product management and/or network/security management is preferred
Working at BlueCat allows you to challenge yourself every day. Our culture advocates innovation, continuous learning and work/life balance. Feed your passion, be bold, get inspired and grow with us!
- Date Posted:
- Apr 13, 2016 1:48 PM PDT
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
At BlueCat, we believe the explosive growth of connected systems requires a new approach to network and device management. We are committed to delivering advanced IPAM solutions through fearless product innovation, and we always go the extra mile to exceed customer expectations, providing smarter ways to connect mobile devices, applications, virtual environments and clouds. Speaking of our... more