As Product Manager at HootSuite, you will work with teams to deliver specific product initiatives designed to achieve specific business goals. You will build products from existing product ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on interactions with other product development team members, other business units, customers and your solid familiarity with the competitive product landscape.
You must possess both strong business sense and in-depth technical knowledge about how web and mobile software works. You also have the ability to envision what a product solution looks like and the skills to work with a team to make that vision a reality. You are an excellent communicator and leader who is comfortable interacting with any and all product stakeholders, technical or nontechnical.
- Meet regularly with multiple business units to understand and articulate product requirements necessary to achieving business unit objectives
- The ability to assimilate and synthesize multiple inputs for possible product direction into a set of priorities based on existing business goals and company strategy
- Define and author product initiative requirements briefs that include key success metrics to be used by product development teams in the implementation and delivery of product initiatives
- Working with an engineering manager counterpart, provide leadership and product direction to teams working on specific product initiatives
- Collaborate with product and user interface designers to generate product user experiences that achieve product business objectives
- Work with product quality control teams to ensure that shipped products include the functionality required to meet business objectives
- Stay current and knowledgeable about products competitive to HootSuite
- Provide visibility into product development initiatives by communicating with the product marketing team and other non-technical HootSuite business about upcoming product releases and the value that those releases provide to customers
Required Skills & Experience:
- A post-secondary degree, in computer science, business and/or engineering or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of software product management experience
- Knowledgeable about how large scale web applications work technologically
- A deep understanding of social media and the social media marketplace
- Familiarity with SDLC, agile methodologies, scrum, kanban
- Strong interest in social media
- Mad foosball skills
- Date Posted:
- Jun 23, 2014 11:39 AM PDT
- HootSuite Media, Inc.
HootSuite is a social relationship platform for businesses and organizations to collaboratively execute social media strategies across multiple social networks from one secure, web-based dashboard. Launch marketing campaigns, identify and grow audience, and distribute targeted messages using HootSuite’s unique social media dashboard. Streamline team workflow with scheduling and assignment tools and reach audiences... more