As the Product Manager for FreshBooks Internal Systems, you’ll be responsible for leading an Agile Scrum Development team with an incredibly important vision: Support the FreshBooks Business. As the leader of this team, you’ll be responsible for automating, upgrading, and optimizing our website, as well as our internal systems to maximize the potential of the other teams within FreshBooks.
Here’s what we can offer:
- A high-profile position in a product-led company. You’ll have direct access to the complete Executive team several times a week.
- An incredible growth opportunity both in terms of what you’ll learn and who you’ll learn from.
- Deliver high value solutions that instantly impact FreshBooks teams and helps them deliver on their goals.
- A seat at the table of one of Toronto’s top performing and award winning Product teams, where data and research matter more than opinions.
- A life in Canada that includes company-sponsored wintertime shinny games, yearly trips to Muskoka, Raps tickets, weekly free lunch, an open-concept/collaborative workspace and unpretentious co-workers.
In return for this opportunity, here’s what we’ll expect you to deliver:
- Show an undying passion for working with internal stakeholders to understand who they are, how they run their departments, and what’s important to them.
- Demonstrate an ability to synthesize what you’ve heard, and report back to the broader team on the top priorities for your team to focus on.
Identify the proper scope of a project to understand the technical challenges and complexity involved in building something.
- Have a super-human ability to prioritize the work of your team and develop a Product Backlog that is justifiable to the business.
- Be an incredibly clear and consistent communicator of what’s happening with your projects.
- Be hungry for measurable project goals & report back how your products are performing for your stakeholders.
- Look at your own work strategically and always be thinking about how you could be having a bigger impact on the company and our customer’s lives.
Here’s what your background looks like:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business
- 3-5 years of experience as a Product Manager
- Experience working with Agile Development Methodologies
- Strong understanding of the digital/web space (web design, UX/UI, Strategy, etc.)
- Agile Certification (i.e. Scrum Master) would be awesome!! …But not necessary.
If you believe you can deliver what we’re looking for, we want to hear from you. Send your resume and a direct link to your LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a note about why you’re interested in working specifically at FreshBooks as a Product Manager.
- Date Posted:
- Aug 13, 2014 10:40 PM PDT
In 2003, Mike McDerment, co-founder and CEO of FreshBooks, accidently saved over an invoice, snapped and decided to create a better way to manage his books and bill clients. Since then, FreshBooks has emerged as the #1 cloud accounting specialist for small business owners by helping more than 5 million people track time, organize expenses and invoice clients in the cloud. Known for extraordinary customer service... more