About the Opportunity
At Vena, we believe that product releases should be fast and they should be often. To make this happen, our belief is that teams should be split by function and have end-to-end responsibility for what they build all the way into production. We are looking for a detail-oriented Product Manager to work closely with our software engineers and product teams to build new and exciting projects. These projects will help revolutionize how companies work with their data and files through utilizing Vena’s software.
As our Product Manager, your goal is to help us build an experiment-friendly culture that encourages failure and empowers teams to build great products and own their code all the way into production. Your role will be imperative in building autonomous team through alignment, transparency, and collaboration. You will be on the ground floor as we scale our teams and push ourselves to become the next great Canadian software company.
What you will do
• Drive Vena’s transition to Agile/Scrum software development in the role of Product Owner
• Assist in establishing new and workable processes to make the development cycles increasingly effective each sprint.
• Serve as the conduit between the user community (internal consultants and external customers) and the software engineering team through which requirements flow
• Establish a shared vision across stakeholders by building consensus on priorities
Does this sound like you?
• 3 -5 years of experience in a similar Product Management role, leading the creation and release of a software product or service
• Demonstrated strong instinctual understanding about user experience, design, and what users want
• Understanding of the technical architecture of complex web-based applications
• Understanding of quantitative research methods such as AB testing and analytics
• You are technically minded with a desire to know the details of how something is built
• You have a passion for software and technology solutions that build simple and intuitive interfaces
• You have experience in product design and/or software engineering, alongside working in an agile development process
Apply today… we can’t wait to hear from you!
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Local candidates only. No agencies please.
- Date Posted:
- Nov 27, 2015 11:08 AM PST
- Vena Solutions
- Vena Solutions
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
At Vena Solutions, our mission is to help smart companies better manage their data, spreadsheets, and files. Our cloud solution leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding web-based automated workflows and a powerful cloud-hosted database to make mission-critical Finance and Accounting processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian... more