Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo
Product at Shopify:
We are looking for individuals to lead world-class teams of engineers, designers, researchers and more all towards one common goal: to make commerce better for everyone.
Our Product Managers help their team (and the company) ship the right products for our customers. They are the glue that unites all aspects of a product under a single, cohesive vision. The job is ever-changing, because what you need to do will change based on the context.
In the past year our Product Managers have helped make it easier for our merchants to manage and sell their products across all of their sales channels with Multichannel, add ecommerce to any website with the Shopify Buy Button, save time and money with Shopify Shipping, and much more.
Our Product Managers:
- Have developed a nuanced understanding of Shopifyâs position in the market
- Develop strategies to deliver industry-leading products for our merchants and users
- Champion the integration of market research, usability studies, and ongoing customer feedback into the product roadmap
- Build consensus among stakeholders and lead product-related business decisions
- Have an analytical and entrepreneurial mindset
- Are agile and adaptable in a rapidly growing, constantly changing environment
- Thrive on being challenged by their peers and challenging them in return
- Can get shit done with highly motivated teams of multi-disciplinary people
- Are ready to be part of a team where theyâre no longer the smartest one in the room.
- Have a genuine passion for commerce and a vision for its future
- Are biased towards action
Some of our Product Managers:
- Have launched a successful (or failed) startup
- Run an ecommerce business
- Hold a degree in fields like computer science, business, commerce, and more
- Have a background in web design
- Are avid travellers
What About You?
In your application, please make your cover letter out to Shannon and tell us about yourself by answering the following questions:
What is the most important thing that you can bring to the product team or our roadmap?
What is the most important product or project that you've been a part of?
Optional: Do you have subject matter expertise that could make an impact at Shopify?
- Date Posted:
- Jan 29, 2016 1:01 AM PST
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides a merchant with a powerful back-office and a single... more