If you want to change the world, work on a platform that is growing like mad and is impacting the lives of millions, we want to hear from you!
VarageSale is an online marketplace that brings people together to buy, sell and connect with their local community. Our addicted user base is growing rapidly and we're poised to impact a lot of lives!
As the Product Manager you will be responsible for building awesome product. You'll start with concepts and ideas, move to specs, sketches and wireframes, and then collaborate with design, development and QA teams to deliver new functionality - and you'll do it quickly and constantly. You'll work across web and mobile platforms, and be responsible for driving key metrics for our business.
Manage the entire product life cycle for the Platform interfaces across web and mobile
Collaborate across teams (Engineering, QA, Product, Marketing and Growth).
Perform research with user-stories to gather requirements and assess the viability of workflows.
Conceive, design and prototype useful, usable product features represented by some or all of the following: scenarios, prototypes, storyboards, wireframes, site maps, screen flows, etc.
Apply domain knowledge, user interface design best practices, and knowledge of emerging UX related presentation technologies.
Bring strong conceptual and problem-solving skills to translate conceptual ideas (business needs and user goals) into simple yet meaningful features.
- 5+ years of work experience with 3+ years of experience working in software/internet product management - ideally with some exposure to a fast-paced startup-like environment.
- Hands-on experience with informal requirements analysis, competitive research, developing multi-phase feature roadmaps, granular feature prioritization, detailed feature design and documentation of product/functional requirement specifications.
- A Degree is required - bonus points for a technical background (Computer Science, Engineering etc).
- Experience working in an online organization where mobile apps play a significant part in how users interact with the platform.
- Hands-on experience in requirements analysis, developing feature roadmaps, ongoing communication with management, feature prioritization, detailed feature design and documentation of product/functional requirement specifications.
- Detail-oriented, able to bring clarity to complex situations and skilled at bridging the gap between technical and non-technical audiences.
- Results-oriented, ambitious and strong ability to follow-through on commitments.
- Date Posted:
- Mar 2, 2015 12:13 PM PST