Shopify is a commerce platform that allows anyone to easily sell online, at their retail location, and everywhere in between. Shopify offers a professional online storefront, a payment solution to accept credit cards, and the Shopify POS application to power retail sales. Shopify currently powers over 80,000 retailers in 100 different countries, including: Tesla Motors, Gatorade, Forbes, Amnesty International, Encyclopedia Britannica, CrossFit, and many more.
Each day, a huge amount of internet traffic visits Shopify stores. On Cyber Monday, Shopify was in the Top 3 online destinations for shoppers alongside Amazon and Ebay. We're looking for a Product Manager - Merchant Marketing to develop features and applications that drive traffic to our merchants' online stores.
As a Product Manager - Merchant Marketing, your job is to increase the amount of referred traffic to Shopify storefronts.
- Customer research (meeting with customers, interviews, surveys, and looking at research data)
- Analytical research (measuring conversion rates across customer cohorts, A/B testing changes, etc)
- High Level Product Thinking (roadmap planning, evaluating problems, exploring potential solutions)
- Working with Engineering and Design teams to create products
- Creating PM Deliverables (Specs, videos and tutorials, marketing material)
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in a computer science, engineering, design, or similar field of study.
- Strong understanding of SEO and affiliate marketing, and other web marketing activities.
- 5+ years of product management experience
- 5+ years managing cross functional product, engineering, or design teams.
- Experience developing technical online marketing programs.
We Measure Success In This Role By:
- Adoption of referral traffic features.
- Increase in amount of referred traffic to storefronts who adopt these new features.
Please forward documentation (links, PDFs, etc) of products that you had direct ownership of. Be sure to include a summary of the product, report on key metrics, and describe any major milestones achieved under your direction.
Applications without product documentation will not be considered.
- Date Posted:
- Apr 1, 2014 4:00 AM PDT
Shopify is an Ottawa based commerce platform that allows anyone to easily sell online, at their retail location, and everywhere in between. Shopify offers a professional online storefront, a payment solution to accept credit cards, a point of sale system to power retail sales and a card reader to accept payments through a mobile phone. Shopify currently powers over 80,000 active online stores around the world,... more