Location: Ottawa or Montreal
Shopify is a commerce platform that allows anyone to easily sell online, at their retail location, and everywhere in between. Shopify offers a professional online storefront, a payment solution to accept credit cards, and the Shopify POS application to power retail sales. Shopify currently powers over 80,000 retailers in 100 different countries, including: Tesla Motors, Gatorade, Forbes, Amnesty International, Encyclopedia Britannica, CrossFit, and many more.
Shopify allows merchants from around the world to accept payments using a growing selection of 70+ payment solutions. Shopify maintains each of these payment integrations and adds new payment types on an ongoing basis to support emerging markets, technologies, and customer demand.
As a Product Manager - Payments Integrations, your job is to manage and expand the suite of payment solutions available to Shopify merchants according to Shopify’s growth and payments strategies. Ongoing projects include:
- Discovering and evaluating new payment solutions
- Negotiating favourable commercial agreements for selected integrations
- Adding local or alternative payment solutions in key emerging markets
- Offering shops the ability to accept multiple payment types concurrently
- Prioritizing the hundreds of potential payment options according to sound product management practices and alignment with our strategic goals.
- Integrating risk & fraud tools
- Customer research (meeting with customers, interviews, surveys, and looking at research data)
- Analytical research (measuring conversion rates across customer cohorts, A/B testing changes, etc)
- High Level Product Thinking (roadmap planning, evaluating problems, exploring potential solutions)
- Working with Engineering and Design
- Creating PM Deliverables (Specs, videos and tutorials, marketing material)
Background and Experience
- With online payments or 3rd party integrations
- A software developer, designer, founder or product manager
- Highly analytical. You must be able to run experiments and derive actionable results
- Able to undertake "systems thinking" and understand the many dependencies on our checkout system
- An online merchant, or at least well versed in online payments
- A great communicator, negotiator, and business developer
If you're interested send us links to...
- Software products you've owned or product managed
- A Shopify store you own or have customized
- A list of payment types you have used and are familiar with
- Date Posted:
- Apr 28, 2014 4:00 AM PDT
Shopify is an Ottawa based commerce platform that allows anyone to easily sell online, at their retail location, and everywhere in between. Shopify offers a professional online storefront, a payment solution to accept credit cards, a point of sale system to power retail sales and a card reader to accept payments through a mobile phone. Shopify currently powers over 80,000 active online stores around the world,... more