FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a kick-ass online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Product Marketing Manager
The Product Marketing Manager will work within our Mobile team to drive adoption and use of FreshBooks mobile applications. You will partner with Product Management to develop a world-class messaging framework and create go-to-market plans which will best drive awareness and engagement.
Specifically this position includes:
- Help plan, schedule and successfully launch new mobile features and products
- Develop world-class messaging frameworks and positioning statements for FreshBooks mobile apps, considering value proposition, target audiences, competitive landscape and any other relevant factors
- Create go-to-market plans that articulate an effective launch strategy, including the roll-out sequence, creative assets, and communication goals to best drive awareness and engagement
- Help build and evolve FreshBooks’ mobile identity on all owned online assets – this includes the FreshBooks website, social channels, and more
- Manage and coordinate the efforts of your “launch” team – typically a cross-functional group that consists of Product Management, Design, PR, Support and more.
- Deliver executive level reporting on launch results and synthesize post-launch feedback for product teams to inform the product roadmap
- Act as the primary marketing contact for our app store partners, working closely with internal business development teams to drive growth via key partnerships
- Become an expert on all FreshBooks competitors and their mobile presences
Does this sound like you?
- You’re all about the customer - you have an undying passion to communicate with, learn about and serve FreshBooks customers around the world. You know what an extraordinary customer experience looks like, and do everything in your power to consistently deliver awesome
- Data is your guiding light – You can dig into complex data sets and have no problems synthesizing quantitative and qualitative data to help answer “why?” – you then share your insights with the broader team so everyone learns
- You’re a strategic doer – you set insanely ambitious goals for yourself, and then build a rock-solid strategy and tactical plan to help you get there
- Communication comes naturally – You’re an expert communicator and the biggest advocate for the features you launch. You’ll make sure the entire company hears about the latest news twice…and you’ll do it in a unique, memorable way.
- You love working with teams –– Instead of “this is how it is”, you ask “what do you think of this approach?”. You’re open to opinions outside of your own and have no problem asking others “how can I help?” to help clear roadblocks
- You’re ambitious and innovative - you don’t accept the status quo simply because “it’s what we’ve always done” - you push for better, newer, more innovative and efficient ways to do things
What you'll need:
- At least three years in a product marketing / product management role at a technology company, preferably focused on mobile apps
- A track-record of successfully partnering with cross-functional teams to meet launch goals
- Proven project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Why Join Us
We're an ambitious bunch, with our eyes laser-focused on shipping extraordinary experiences to small business owners. You'll be surrounded by talented team members who share a common vision for what an amazing software company could be, and have the opportunity to help shape how we build a world-class software start-up right here in downtown Toronto.
Have we got your attention? Submit your application today. A member of our recruitment team will be in touch with you shortly!
- Date Posted:
- Jul 21, 2015 1:00 AM PDT
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
In 2003, Mike McDerment, co-founder and CEO of FreshBooks, accidently saved over an invoice, snapped and decided to create a better way to manage his books and bill clients. Since then, FreshBooks has emerged as the #1 cloud accounting specialist for small business owners by helping more than 5 million people track time, organize expenses and invoice clients in the cloud. Known for... more