Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Type: Full TimeMin. Experience: Experienced
Wattpad is a growing consumer technology startup based in Toronto. It is a place to discover and share stories: a social platform that connects people through words. With over 30 million users and growing, Wattpad is the world’s largest community for readers and writers.
Wattpad is looking for a skilled Product Marketing Manager to join our growing team. You will help define and execute Wattpad’s go-to-market strategy for product and solution areas focused on attracting new users (both readers and writers) to the platform. You will drive messaging, collateral, readiness and launches. Your data-driven strategy will be based on customer insight and market research, and your success will be based on your ability to attract new users to Wattpad.
What you will be doing:
- Work with readers & writers to better understand their needs to be able to market Wattpad to this user base.
- Develop strategic marketing plans for all product marketing initiatives, programs and tests to drive new users to Wattpad, ensure product engagement, and drive reactivation.
- Working closely with Creative and Communications team to develop and run targeted integrated marketing campaigns across multiple channels.
- Work closely with readers & writers and internal product, marketing and business teams to define positioning & messaging, product launches, & product evolution.
- Focus on measurement and analysis. Understand how the product and solutions are doing in the marketplace; understand market trends. Understand how your tactics are working. Actively use this data to steer the tactics you use and continue using. Analytics, experiments, segmentation, and testing are your good friends.
- Work closely with insights team and growth hacker to identify distinct user segments, prioritize areas of focus, and determine segment needs and characteristics. These insights will inform marketing strategy as a whole.
- Monitor industry market trends and competitors to provide intelligence on the competitive landscape and key trends occurring in the industry.
- Develop and track metrics and success criteria for all product marketing programs.
What we’re looking for:
- You have 5+ years of product marketing experience, preferably within a tech/internet company, and experience bring products to market on a global scale.
- Experience marketing to readers & writers would be an asset.
- Experience building go-to-market strategies and executing them through traditional and digital marketing channels. You have organized and lead meet-ups and participated at conferences and trade-shows. You have created and tracked the return on your outreach programs using analytics tools and funnel tracking.
- Proven track record of communicating a product’s unique value proposition to potential users and market influencers through creative campaigns to increase user acquisition, engagement and retention.
- You have a passion for measurement, metrics and continuous improvement across the organization, and track record for metrics driven success.
- A degree in Marketing, Business or a related field. MBA a plus.
- You are hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative. Easy to work with. Get things done.
- You have the ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects/deals simultaneously.
- You are a great communicator both inside and outside the building.
Great stories bring people together! Wattpad is the world's largest community for discovering and sharing stories. It's a new form of entertainment connecting readers and writers through storytelling, and best of all, it's entirely free. With thousands of new stories added every day, an incredibly active community of readers, and the ability to read on your computer, phone, or tablet, Wattpad is the only place... more