We are looking for a proven and passionate Product Marketing Manager to support Sulon’s marketing team and promoting The Cortex and drive brand awareness. We need a champion who is not afraid to take on the competition, and who has the industry expertise in creating a product vision and roadmap, developing a product marketing strategy and leveraging market intelligence to take Sulon to the next level. This is a career enhancing opportunity that will put you at the forefront of futuristic Augmented Virtual Reality technology that will reshape the way people live, learn, play and work. This is your chance to set the trend instead of following it.
ABOUT YOUR JOB
Key accountabilities/responsibilities will consists of (but are not limited to):
- Collaborating closely in a cross-functional environment to develop product positioning, messaging and execution of campaigns.
- Working with engineers and management to define the product specification and roadmap ensuring alignment with market requirements.
- Establishing industry interest and cultivating strong relationships to push Sulon’s brand and The Cortex’s marketability.
- Execute product, marketing and business strategies to achieve objectives.
- Leadership in new product development by understanding needs in the market.
- Manage related day-to-day business by building consensus and insuring objectives are met.
- Use research to understand the market and use that data to develop new product concepts.
- Understand the role of each strategic customer and how to successfully market our products through these key customers.
- Flexibility to adapt to a fast-changing environment often driven by key customer needs.
- Make recommendations for revising strategies and operating plans as necessary.
- Understand implications of these recommendations and be prepared with contingency plans.
- Ability to effectively link consumer insights into strategic plans.
- Work with Finance and Operations to insure financial objectives are understood, built into planning and ultimately met.
- Lead / support graphics department with execution of all packaging and graphics initiatives.
- Conducts SKU analysis and model reduction.
- Assist sourcing with product cost analysis and cost improvement initiatives.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to execute the growth and marketing plans.
- Assist product development with process documentation.
- Performing other duties as required.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Business or Marketing in a related technical field (MBA preferred)
- 5+ years of professional and relevant experience in product marketing in the consumer electronics industry; preferably with exposure to the gaming sector.
- Solid understanding of branding and the Product Life Cycle.
- Able to disseminate market information and develop the best strategic business plan based on research.
- A strong record of developing solid working relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Possess current knowledge of consumer trends and market challenges to ensure Sulon is always a step ahead.
- Excellent relationship building skills, able to maintain strong and healthy relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be able to travel globally (up to 40%).
- Experience driving a product from launch to market.
- You thrive for a Leadership based, fast-paced, results-oriented, Start-Up environment Self-driven individual with excellent work ethic and a can-do attitude.
- Active learner with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, start up environment.
- True team player with strong interpersonal skills and commitment to the team’s success.
- Creative problem solver with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with keen attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- You're passionate about new technologies, quick and rapidly iterated Innovation cycles.
- Self-driven individual with excellent work ethic and a can-do attitude.
- Strong interest in Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality.
WHAT WE OFFER
Perks include flexibility in work schedules, free snacks and an atmosphere of fun where work feels like play. Sulon also offers competitive salaries, health benefits and eligibility to participate in an Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP).
Superhero’s wanted! Join our team, share our mission – Redefine Reality! We look forward to hearing from you! Please note only that only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Sulon Technologies.
- Date Posted:
- Feb 20, 2016 1:01 AM PST
- Sulon Technologies
- Sulon Technologies
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Sulon Technologies is elevating entertainment with the Cortex, the first fully immersive spatial virtual reality platform. This wireless, wear-and-play device transforms any physical space into a dynamic holodeck-like augmented environment, allowing users to step into worlds adapted to their surroundings. more