A Little About Us:
Armed with a handful of gifted developers, Big Viking Games sailed into action in 2011, set on taking the social and mobile gaming world by storm. From Facebook to iOS, Big Viking Games has demonstrated a mastery of the free-to-play model on a variety of platforms. In a short time, the company has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down. In three short years, we've grown from humble beginnings in London, ON to over 65 Vikings with a second development studio in Toronto, ON.
In addition, Big Viking Games has been recognized as a Top 10 Best Workplace in Canada by the Great Places to Work Institute as well as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers (SME) and Canada’s Best Employers for Young People. With even bigger goals for 2015, Big Viking Games will need reinforcements. And that's where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
We are searching for a highly motivated and creative Product Marketing Manager for either our London, ON or Toronto, ON studio to help define and promote the YoWorld and FishWorld brands, our two most widely played games. You will be working alongside our Marketing Manager and CEO to plan, schedule and execute winning marketing programs and strategies to help drive growth and monetization. With a track record of proven success, you will become the YoWorld and FishWorld brand guru, thoroughly understanding our target audience and pioneering new market growth opportunities. If this describes you, drop us a line!
- You will drive and own the product marketing for YoWorld and FishWorld, two top grossing Facebook games
- With a vision worthy of Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce, you will collaborate to define and manage the YoWorld and FishWorld brands, as well as build out and manage brand guidelines
- You have the eye for great creative, and the project management chops to manage and develop marketing assets end to end for all relevant marketing campaigns
- Knowing what it takes to successfully market live services games, you will drive user acquisition, retention & engagement by utilizing integrated marketing strategies, consumer insights, and CRM
- Foster and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders across product, art and development teams. After all, we do all have to play in the same Viking sandbox!
- With an eye toward future growth, you will drive market research to identify new market opportunities, and craft the go-to-market strategies for these new markets
- As an experienced digital marketer, you will plan and execute ongoing marketing activities behind new content updates, sales promotions, and consumer promotions
- A Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or a related field
- Minimum 4-6 years experience in marketing roles, especially in online, e-commerce, consumer live service, bonus points if you have worked with mobile and interactive entertainment
- Experience managing mobile or social games highly desired
- Experience in product marketing, email marketing, & digital marketing strategies
- Solid business, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong communicator and collaborator
- Experience with A/B, multivariate testing
- Thrive in fast-paced, dynamic and flexible environment
- Passion for games
- Competitive salaries with generous time off policies
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability benefits
- Employee stock option plan; this way we all get to celebrate in the success
- We are proud to be self-funded because this allows us to work and deliver the projects we are proud of
- We frequently celebrate hitting milestones after work or even in the middle afternoon by going to paintball, movies, Canada's Wonderland, and a patio to name a few in addition to various in-studio events. All work and no play makes for a dull Viking.
- Stocked kitchen, breakfast & hot catered lunches daily! Viking can't work on an empty stomach.
- A gaming lounge with competition grade foosball, Street Fighter 2 Classic Arcade Machine, XBOX 360 & PS4. Kick back and relax or dominate your fellow Vikings.
- If you cannot live without caffeine like us, we have an arsenal of freshly roasted coffee beans which can be crafted into great coffees, espressos or lattes just for you!
- Free in-studio registered massage therapy. Viking muscles need love too.
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
- Date Posted:
- Aug 28, 2015 12:26 PM PDT
- Big Viking Games
- Big Viking Games
- London, Ontario, Canada
Big Viking Games is a leading social and mobile game development studio. The company focuses on making fans both externally and internally and has been recognized as the Globe and Mail's Top 100 Employer for 2014 and Top 50 Employer for Young People. With studios in London, Ontario and Toronto, Ontario our team of developers, artists and game designers are industry specialists who embrace the... more