Founded in 1999, BuildDirect is an e-commerce provider completely disrupting the retail building products industry by bridging the gap between the manufacturer and end user. By simplifying the supply chain, solving a heavy freight shipping issue that plagued the industry and creating a proprietary data-driven platform that benefits manufacturers, partners and customers alike, BuildDirect customers ultimately enjoy up to 80% cost savings. The company is headquartered in Vancouver, B.C, with ten warehouse locations in the US and hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers.
BuildDirect is on track for record growth Year over Year this year to create the foundation for exponential growth in the forth-coming years. We are looking for a Product Owner to join the Technology team and become an active part in scripting this growth story.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Product Owner with expertise in Software and Functional analysis.
- You have actively practiced the different tools of your trade and have demonstrated experience in:
- Requirements planning and management
- Requirements elicitation
- Requirements analysis and documentation
- Requirements communication
- Solution assessment and validation
- You are experienced in SCRUM and AGILE
In addition to these, you have demonstrated your capability:
- In finding ways to innovate using technology
- In thinking out of the box
- In asking the questions that lead towards timely solutions
- Actively assist in formulating AGILE requirements documentation standards
- Create and own the process of managing SPRINTs for the technology team
- Assist in building BuildDirect's EDI initiative
- Assist in Netsuite Finance and Accounting module integration
- Create and Own BuildDirect's Technology Knowledge repository
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years as a Product Owner
- Experience with Merchandising systems is an asset
- Experience with SDLC methodologies and writing functional and system requirements
- Experienced in SCRUM and AGILE
- Knowledge of Microsoft .Net technologies, C#, MS SQL is an asset
- High levels of integrity and a commitment to do what you say you are going to do
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to learn and continuously improve
- Well-developed project management skills
- Post-secondary degree in Information Technology Systems, Business or relevant field
- Date Posted:
- Oct 30, 2014 11:47 AM PDT
BuildDirect is a technology company that is knocking down walls, changing the foundation and building a smarter, simpler and empowered home improvement industry. With its BuildDirect Demand Rank™ and BuildDirect Product Rank™ custom analytic and forecasting tools, the company can identify in real-time, consumer interest in a product, its competitiveness in the marketplace, and locations it will best perform. This... more