Trusted by shipbuilders, naval architects and marine engineers, SSI develops Autodesk-based solutions for the shipbuilding and offshore industry. With the majority of US naval warships now being built with SSI solutions and prestigious names in global marine construction increasingly choosing SSI, we are poised for well-managed and sustainable growth.
SSI is seeking an experienced Product Owner in Victoria, British Columbia.
Reporting to the Senior Product Owner, you will be responsible for:
- Upholding and demonstrating the values of the organization in all business activities;
- Representing SSI in a professional and friendly manner offering quality customer service to all internal and external customers;
- Taking action and being pro-active inside and outside of your team;
- Communicating regularly with your Agile Team and Product Owners;
- Asking questions, clarifying expectations and being 100% sure of what is required;
- Analyzing and evaluating customer and market data to identify and document market problems;
- Completing, documenting, and triaging software issue reports and feature requests;
- Researching and documenting requirements specifications;
- Providing input in prioritizing market problems, problem requirements, and software design;
- Building rapport and trust with ShipConstructor users;
- Completing development, implementation, and documentation of processes and tools;
- Defining and creating technical product promotional materials (e.g., release video’s, conference presentations, webinars, workshops);
- Promoting and educating internal and external customers on developed software and methodologies;
- Demonstrating initiative by problem solving and generating ideas for improvement;
- Providing feedback to the development and technical support team regarding user issues and feature requests;
- Providing sales support, as needed;
- Providing feedback to the training team regarding training issues; and
- Performing all other duties as assigned by the Senior Product Owner.
Our ideal candidate will have a Bachelors Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline. You will also have 2-5 years of hands-on industry experience in Product Development, Product Management, or Software Development.
Professional experience in shipbuilding or manufacturing is highly advantageous, as is experience with AutoCAD and other CAD systems. You will also be familiar with Agile development methodologies and processes, including Scrum.
At SSI, the core of our success lies in the creative, dedicated and enthusiastic people who make up our team. In return for your drive and determination, we offer a competitive compensation structure.
Additional benefits include:
- Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision);
- Life insurance and long-term disability benefits;
- Three weeks’ vacation; and
- Education assistance, professional development, opportunities for career growth, and training.
If you want to join an employer of choice, apply today! Please submit your application online at: www.applyfirst.ca/job70064
- Date Posted:
- Oct 19, 2015 1:05 PM PDT
- ShipConstructor Software Inc.
- ShipConstructor Software Inc.
- Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Trusted by shipbuilders, naval architects and marine engineers, SSI develops Autodesk-based solutions for the shipbuilding and offshore industry. With the majority of US naval warships now being built with SSI solutions and prestigious names in global marine construction increasingly choosing SSI, we are poised for well-managed and sustainable growth. Based in Victoria, BC with a satellite... more