About the Company
In Motion Technology is the leader in mobile enterprise networks that provide customers with fleets in mission critical environments with a secure, managed end-to-end communications system. The company’s solution includes a powerful management platform, an application suite designed to improve situational awareness, industry leading mobile-optimized security and a rugged in-vehicle mobile router. In Motion’s solutions are used by hundreds of public safety, transit and utility fleets across the United States and Canada.
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the VP of Engineering and working closely with various stakeholders (eg. Product Management, Hardware and Software Development team, Technical Services team), the Product Verification/Quality Assurance Team Lead will be driving an independent verification/testing team that is responsible for the timely and quality driven release of our products into the market. The ideal candidate possesses strong technical knowledge in different networking protocols, unmatched work ethic and the intangible skills to think outside the box while adapting to changing business needs. He/she needs to work effectively with departmental leadership to understand business challenges and realities and take a holistic approach to ensure products continue to meet the industry standards of quality. With the drive for customer service excellence, the incumbent is resourceful, able to work under time constraints and understands the big picture with his or her actions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Ensure products are working as designed, are robust and free of errors and are able to meet the quality requirements set by the company and the industry
• Create and execute a comprehensive system test plan, spanning from UI of web applications to performance throughput
• Release quality software products into market in a timely that meet the diverse needs of different users
• Develop creative test strategies, with an eye to good ROI
• Anticipate the likely use cases for the lifecycle of all products
• Lead and manage a dedicated team of product verification engineers.
• Oversee the continuous development of an effective and efficient test infrastructure
• Evolve and grow the automated test frameworks/scripts, leveraging the Linux ecosystem
• Document results of test cases and test scripts and communicate to different internal clients
• Balance long term efficiency against short term market and business demands.
• Direct experience in defining strategy, writing and executing test plans around complex systems that include UI, analytics/reporting and remote/embedded mobile devices
• 7+ years of experience in product verification/quality assurance
• Past experience in releasing enterprise-grade web applications into production is required
• Strong knowledge of networking protocols (e.g. 802.11, IPV4/V6, Routing, DNS, VPN) is a must
• Solid understanding of different project management/risk mitigation principles and practices is an asset
• Past experience working for growing companies, providing creative solutions with limited resources
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to establish strong working relationship with different stakeholders
• Demonstrated strong business acumen and able to understand the business drivers motivating the underlying system requirements, features and capabilities
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills with superior work ethics
• A team player who thrives in a collaborative environment while
• Ability to handle multiple deadlines and changing priorities in a fast-paced team environment
• Demonstrated good judgement and initiative, with the ability to work independently with minimum direction and supervision
• Proven team development capabilities, ability to provide guidance, mentorship, coaching and technical leadership to direct reports
A GOOD CAREER MOVE
This role is ideal for an experienced Verification/Quality Assurance Analyst who wants to be involved in an innovative technology company, developing a strong foundation for a family of products that will be deployed in high volume in different mobile applications. If you want to experience business success as a direct result of your contribution, apply to In Motion Technology today!
- Date Posted:
- Oct 21, 2013 9:13 PM PDT
- In Motion Technology
In Motion Technology is the leader in mobile enterprise networks that provide customers with fleets in mission critical environments with a secure, managed end-to-end communications system. The company’s solution includes a powerful management platform, an application suite designed to improve situational awareness, industry leading mobile-optimized security and a rugged in-vehicle mobile router. In Motion’s... more