We are seeking Programmers to join our growing Content Team and create mind-blowing AVR experiences. You will contribute to the development of exciting, emotionally-heightened and highly interactive content from conception through to implementation. This position requires in-depth experience and knowledge of SDK architecture complemented by a solid background in C/C++ programming and object oriented programming (OOP) design principles. You will be working in a cross-functional team to write maintainable code that has been extensively tested and peer reviewed to meet professional production quality standards. This opportunity will give you an exciting chance to shape the future of AVR technologies and how people experience the world.
ABOUT YOUR JOB
Key responsibilities/accountabilities will consist of (but are not limited to):
- Programming mechanics, systems and other features as per the content design documents.
- Creating compelling AI for various genres of content.
- Creating intuitive level authoring tools to be used by Designers and Artists.
- Collaborating with the Technical Director, members of the R&D, Software and Product Development teams to determine the overall technical design and SDK architecture.
- Meeting detailed task definitions and time estimates for project deliverables.
- Communicating effectively with QA groups and providing critical feedback to improve performance and functionality.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of new and creative algorithms to solve dynamic problems.
- Working closely with Designers and Artists to assess the technical requirements of content features and propose the best method of implementation.
- Debugging, testing and quality control of content meeting the highest standards before they are released to consumers.
- Performing other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced proficiency in C/C++/C# programming with a thorough understanding of object-oriented design, design patterns, encapsulation, unit testing, etc.
- Strong 3D math background and proficiency with gameplay, animation and multiplayer systems.
- Experience working with Unity 3D.
- Working knowledge of 3D graphics API such as DirectX, OpenGL or OpenGL ES.
- Working knowledge of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality including application development.
- Experience with Motion Capture.
- Experience with optimizing for mobile platforms.
- True team player with strong interpersonal skills and commitment to the team’s success.
- Creative problem solver with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with keen attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- You thrive in a Leadership based, fast-paced, results-oriented, Start-Up environment
- A desire to lead and mentor by example.
- Your passionate about new technologies, quick and rapidly iterated Innovation cycles.
- Self-driven individual with excellent work ethic and a can-do attitude.
- Strong interest in Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality.
WHAT WE OFFER
Perks include flexibility in work schedules, free snacks and an atmosphere of fun where work feels like play. Sulon also offers competitive salaries, health benefits and eligibility to participate in an Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP).
Superheroes wanted! Join our team, share our mission – Redefine Reality! We look forward to hearing from you! Please note only that only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Sulon Technologies.
- Date Posted:
- Nov 27, 2015 1:02 AM PST
- Sulon Technologies
- Sulon Technologies
- Markham, Ontario, Canada
Sulon Technologies is elevating entertainment with the Cortex, the first fully immersive spatial virtual reality platform. This wireless, wear-and-play device transforms any physical space into a dynamic holodeck-like augmented environment, allowing users to step into worlds adapted to their surroundings. more