At Vena Solutions, our mission is to help smart companies better manage their data, spreadsheets, and files. Our cloud solution leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding web-based automated workflows and a powerful cloud-hosted database to make mission-critical Finance and Accounting processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian startups, we’re part of a growing industry where there are many opportunities for new solutions and product innovation in response to real world business problems.
About the Role
As a Vena Project Lead you will be responsible for managing all project activities for a portfolio of clients implementing our innovative Corporate Performance Management (CPM) software solution. You will be the key contact for clients to ensure their implementation needs are met by coordinating various project resources and schedules to ensure successful delivery.
You are a dynamic individual with a strong technical software background and solid business fundamentals, who thrives in a fast-paced, client-centric, entrepreneurial environment. You have a proven track record of project management and execution, and you are able to communicate effectively with all levels of management at various client locations in order to nurture and strengthen client relationships. Ideally, you love a challenge and are innovative, creative, analytical and proactive in seeking solutions to our client’s complex situations.
- Lead and manage all project activities to deliver client solutions that are within scope, on time, on budget and are profitable
- Conduct two or three day on-site discovery sessions with customer to elicit business requirements and define project scope and design
- Work with multiple client stakeholders to develop, plan and implement their solution
- Provide appropriate direction, management and mentoring to the project team
- Identify risks and resolutions on assigned projects
- Maintain visibility on assigned projects
- Identify any new services opportunities at existing clients to the Services Manager
- Be responsible for the financial management and administration of assigned projects
Skills & Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, Computer Science, Accounting, Business, or related discipline and/or equivalent experience
- Seven or more (7+) years’ experience in Enterprise software consulting with a proven track record of implementing complex Corporate Performance Management or similar solutions
- Three or more (3+) years’ experience in project management with experience conducting JAD sessions to identify business requirements, setting project plans, and managing project deliverables on time and in scope and capable of managing multiple ongoing projects
- Deep knowledge of financial process and applications such as budgeting, forecasting, financial consolidations, month-end close processes, and general reporting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and the ability to create complex formulas, macros, and sophisticated formatting
- Advanced knowledge of OLAP building concepts, RDBMS, Hyperion Essbase or Microsoft Analysis Services, and implementation processes
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with building relational databases, specifically SQL, including the ability to populate and extract data and create stored procedures
- Superior client interaction skills with the ability to communicate to all levels of the organization including C-Level leaders and to gather and understand customer requirements, leveraging a consultative approach
- Leadership abilities with experience coaching and guiding teams of direct or indirect reports
- Ability to solve problems in a logical manner
- Accounting and/or Project Management designation a definite asset
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Local candidates only. No agencies please.
Should you require accommodation for any disability throughout any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please describe your requirements when making an application and we will be sure any accommodation needs are met.
- Date Posted:
- Jan 29, 2015 11:26 AM PST
- Vena Solutions
- Vena Solutions
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
At Vena Solutions, our mission is to help smart companies better manage their data, spreadsheets, and files. Our cloud solution leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding web-based automated workflows and a powerful cloud-hosted database to make mission-critical Finance and Accounting processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian... more