We are seeking a seasoned software implementation project manager to manage delivery of software projects for telecommunication and cable operators. The candidate manages cross-functional teams at client sites, coordinates events and tasks between vendors and customers, tracks project progress and manages the client issue escalation path in a dynamically changing global software environment. The position requires sound judgment, client-centric attitude, ability to communicate software/solution value to customers, and the ability to adjust promptly and efficiently to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
The candidate must be persuasive, encouraging and motivating, with the ability to read communication styles of team members and customers from varied backgrounds and countries.
Willingness to travel globally is required, sometimes without advanced notice, in order to initiate projects and meet deadlines.
• Define best practices, project scope, goals and deliverables that support both customer and vendor goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals and develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to customers, team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Liaise with all project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
• Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants required for successful completion during the project cycle, through negotiation with senior management.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel across multiple departments.
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
• Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project life cycle.
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
• Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
• Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
Candidates *must* possess the following:
• University degree or college diploma in a related field (e.g. Computer Software, Project Management, Electronic Engineering).
• 5 years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
• Strong familiarity with project management software.
• Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
The following would be an asset:
• Certification in project management.
• Competent and proficient understanding of the Broadband environment, with a working knowledge of current Internet technologies, including DHCP, DNS and VoIP.
• Extensive knowledge of LDAP schemas and retrieval of LDAP data.
• Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese.
• Ability to travel internationally up to 50% of the time on short notice (i.e. less than 48 hours)
When submitting a cover letter and resume, please use .rtf (rich text format) or .pdf formats only.
- Date Posted:
- Apr 4, 2016 3:01 PM PDT
- Incognito Software Systems Inc.
- Incognito Software Systems Inc.
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Incognito creates and supports end-to-end OSS, BSS, and enterprise architecture solutions. By optimizing provider performance capabilities, Incognito enables best-in-class service fulfillment and customer experience assurance. Globally renowned broadband operators of all sizes — including over half of the top ten operators in the United States — trust Incognito to eliminate segregated work... more