The Project Manager will lead the implementation of large projects and will coordinate the implementation of new products, programs, and processes for the company’s direct and indirect channels. This person should have both classic and Agile IT project management experience, and be able to leverage the two disciplines as appropriate. We are looking for experienced project managers who have proven track records of being solution and delivery focused, and who can perform at a high level leading strategic, cross-functional, business facing and technical initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage complex software development and integration projects in a fast paced, constantly changing Agile environment.
• Participate in the pre-sales planning process to ensure that implementation timeframe expectations are correctly set.
• Interface directly with partners and large customers throughout the implementation process to ensure that deliverables and responsibilities are correctly defined and that milestones are achieved.
• Develop a RACI matrix for each joint-development project that clearly outlines the roles and responsibilities of all parties involved in the development process.
• Manage the product development lifecycle and follow up with department heads and stakeholders to confirm that all of the dependencies requires to successfully deploy a program or product are in place (e.g. training, go to market plan, etc…).
• Responsible for effectively initiating, planning, scheduling, estimating, forecasting, coordinating, controlling, managing and delivering all activities for projects and related release initiatives.
• Help Product Owners create/maintain the product backlog.
• Work with the Product Owner to prioritize and refine User Stories into a release plan.
• Oversee the day-to-day progress of project(s) and release initiatives with regard to time, budget, scope and quality and apply PMO agile/lean processes to report release status, key metrics and deliverables.
• Provide leadership, direction and integrate activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support.
• Coordinate inter-project and inter-team dependencies and risks.
• Manage change by actively communicating with dependent groups and stakeholders.
• Identify, research, draft and implement needed improvements in processes or metrics.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in technology, business or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Prior experience in distributed systems development.
• 6+ years’ experience in working with business and technology stakeholders with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving via technology solutions.
• 5+ years’ experience managing projects, specifically in the technology sector.
• Experience with JIRA and/or other development / project management frameworks a plus
• PMP certification an asset.
• Good understanding of technical environment and product development life-cycle.
• Solid project management skills with ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects in cross-functional environment.
• Technical management experience in a dynamic high-technology environment is preferred.
• Ability to communicate needs and schedules to business stakeholders and technology teams, as well as ensure plans are in place/standards are adhered to.
• Agile and Scrum experience.
To be considered, email your cover letter, resume, and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email and reference number PM011315JE.
Hostway offers a competitive salary and benefits including Earned Time Off, Medical, Dental, retirement plan, and much more. If you are interested in joining a profitable, growing, and dynamic company, we want to hear from you! Hostway is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law.
Hostway thanks all candidates for their interest, however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Date Posted:
- Mar 5, 2015 1:33 PM PST
- Hostway Global Web Solutions
- Hostway Global Web Solutions
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Since opening our doors in 1998, Hostway has been committed to bringing the power of the Internet to our customers across the globe with innovative and easy-to-use products that are supported by unmatched customer service. One of the top-five leading Web hosting companies, our experience gives us the skills to guide our customers through the process of getting on the Web by continually... more