Job ID: GRDV225
Location: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full-time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 18,000 customers in 90 countries. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and were recognized by numerous awards including Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2012 and 2011), Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), and Deloitte's list of 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2013).
With over 325 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create cool technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit (www.globalrelay.com).
We are looking for an experienced customer facing Project Manager to join our growing team. This is a unique opportunity to enjoy challenging work with a great group of passionate professionals in a booming industry.
Reporting to the Manager, PMO, the Project Manager will be the responsible for the successful on-boarding of key customers onto Global Relay. The Project Manager will be the main point of contact for the customer and will ensure that the project is moving forward and all issues and action items are properly tracked and addressed.
The project manager will own the project from the beginning with the proof of concept phase. The project manager will be responsible for working with the customer to produce and maintain the project schedule and ensuring that all status and potential changes are tracked and communicated to all stake holders.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the following:
• Managing relationships with key customers by being the main point of contact and ensuring any requests or issues raised are communicated internally and addressed in a timely manner
• Ensuring overall project objective and target dates are clearly understood and communicated to all teams
• Coordinating with the different project teams to ensure that committed deliverables are on track and delivered to the customer on time
• Run daily status meetings with the project team to provide status updates and ensure issues are raised and given proper visibility
• Run weekly status meetings with the customer. Ensure that each meeting has an agenda with relevant updates and meeting minutes are recorded and sent to the customer and circulated internally
• Proactively work with the teams to identify priority items and have them addressed in the required timeframe
Technical Skills Requirements:
• Post-secondary education (minimum of an undergraduate degree is preferred)
• Minimum of 3-5 years of project management experience required which must include experience in a customer facing role
• Experience working with both small, large and enterprise customers
• Adaptability to working with multiple teams on projects with varying degrees of flexibility/rigidity at different points in the development cycle
• Ability to understand technical as well as business requirements and accurately capture technical notes
• Demonstrates a history of being able to work effectively with groups with different levels of technical and process experience
• Strong written, verbal and inter-personal communication skills
• Highly detail oriented
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to: email@example.com. Save your PDF using the following format "FirstName LastName (Application Date)". Reference "Project Manager_GRDV225” in email subject line.
No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Date Posted:
- Oct 28, 2014 3:25 PM PDT
- Global Relay Communications Inc.
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 18,000 customers in 90 countries. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android,... more