You are a QA Analyst with a passion for making things better and a knack for finding what is missing. No matter how long you have been doing QA, your reputation for reliability and that rare gift of communicating the hardest feedback in a considerate way to any colleague are among the strongest tools in your chest. Not content with waiting for bugs, you continually seek out ways to make your product or the QA workflow better.
While you don’t consider yourself a coder, learning technology comes easily to you, especially when it helps you to help our customers who always have a huge place in your heart. Versatile by nature, you have an appreciation or better yet, developed skill around UX and/or Project Management that augment your passion for digging. You are ready to scale your talents to a fully-funded incubator-style environment with significant user base over multiple projects.
• Prioritize, manage tickets and employ ad hoc testing for new features
• Analyze feature requirements and identify issues that might arise from unaddressed cases
• Bug reporting
• Discuss and troubleshoot issues with Developers
• Collaborate with Customer Service to address users' concern
• Perform smoke test and regression test on daily builds
• Initiate and deploy daily builds
• Initiate and maintain automated tests
• Minimum of 1 year of experience as QA in software development
• Educational background in Computer Science
Why work at Venture Media?
• We have partnerships with the largest retailers in the world who rely on our mobile and web traffic to boost sales. We have high-ranking Facebook pages with millions of likes and millions of people visiting our other projects and domains.
• We value trust. Trust makes it easier to get things done.
• We use modern, current technology and are not afraid to try something new.
• We are creating many different kinds of solutions that range from e-commerce integrations, building social network platforms to reinventing how the piano is played, digital sound processing and even more.
• We have great office in Yaletown that allows for creativity, inspiration, focused development and play. Our space includes a music room complete with a baby grand piano, ping pong, organic snacks, bike racks, standing/sitting desks, showers and more.
• We believe in balance for our health in our work and life. Half our company is or has cycled the Ride to Conquer Cancer/Gran Fondo together, running fundraising runs, playing on our basketball teams and all of us enjoy our organic snacks, picnics and other fun time. We also spend time together on staff trips.
• We are privately funded and we don’t answer to clients. This is rare in business and it is fun as it allows us to explore and develop what tech we want to develop. Ideas come both from our CEO and our staff via hackathons, competitions and more.
• At Venture Media, we know first-hand that a handful of talented and authentic individuals can come together to create amazing things, because we have done it before and we are doing it now.
• When applying, be sure to include your resume and cover letter. We love cover letters that tell us why you want to work with us.
Please note that this opportunity is on-site in our Yaletown, downtown Vancouver office and we will only consider candidates based in the Greater Vancouver area.
We really appreciate all applications and we will contact you if you are selected for an interview.
- Venture Media
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Venture Media is unique. Think of it like a tech lab, building and evolving great tech ideas and projects with millions of eyeballs on our projects across mobile, social and the web. The success of our mobile/web/social projects such as BlackFriday.com, our domain platform Mark.com, Mybible.com, Canvus.com (and more) have allowed us the luxury of picking and choosing new or revamped ideas to... more