You like to break things that others build without having your boss yell at you. You see Quality Assurance as a career path and see the value delivering bug free products.
As a QA Analyst you will work with growing QA and Development teams to do a combination of Automated and Manual Testing.
- Perform manual testing as required
- Create, update and execute test cases
- Reporting defects in defect tracking system and verifying fixes for defects
- Creating automating test scripts where needed
- Manually test new features and fixes so you understand how to automate them
- Represent Quality Assurance in Scrum meetings and work with Development to deliver quality solutions.
- Assist with implementing an automated system, functional & regression tests.
- Take on manual testing assignments from development team.
- Get acquainted with the current development process.
- Work closely with the development team and write test cases.
- Work with Automation Specialists to assist to the building of Automation frameworks and writing of Automation scripts.
- Execute test cases (both manual and automated).
- Work on smaller projects independently and find out modules that can be automated.
- Provide inputs to improve the current QA process.
- Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Experienced programming skills, .Net/Java and any scripting language.
- 1-2 years of experience with testing at many levels: Black-Box, System, Stress, User Acceptance, Load, Performance and Regression Testing
- Understanding of Software QA methodologies, tools and approaches (black box and/or automated testing) in a software company with short release cycles
- Experience with Atlassian products such as JIRA and Confluence is an asset
- Date Posted:
- Jul 22, 2014 10:30 AM PDT
Founded in 1999, BuildDirect is an e-commerce provider completely disrupting the retail building products industry by bridging the gap between the manufacturer and end user. By simplifying the supply chain, solving a heavy freight shipping issue that plagued the industry and creating a proprietary data-driven platform that benefits manufacturers, partners and customers alike, BuildDirect customers ultimately enjoy... more