Coho's engineering team is smart, enthusiastic, highly qualified and motivated to change the datacenter from the ground up. The team is a great combination of PhDs and experienced, pragmatic, practical and productive engineers, who collaborate in a high-trust environment with the hardware and software resources available to do excellent work.
Joining Coho is an opportunity to experience first-hand the growth of a dynamic high-tech startup, to make your own contribution and see it ship in a highly sophisticated product to real customers.
We have a fantastic workplace environment and we highly value our staff. Our espresso machine is outstandingly good and we are fully committed to excellence in all variety of important beverages.
- QA at Coho Data is about trust, accuracy, swift execution and above all: actionable information.
- This is a leadership position. It requires technical insight, creativity, resourcefulness and personal responsibility.
- Test and QA are organizational areas of excellence for Coho Data and our culture ranks it as a highest priority.
- You will determine what needs to be known, orchestrate the means to capture the necessary data with the computational and talented staff resources available on your team, and translate the results to enable correct decision making and the right technical response by the software developers, in a timely fashion.
- Create process where it is required and remove it where it is not. Divide test coverage responsibilities between our automated test automation development group and our experienced manual test and QA team. You will lead both teams.
- Coordinate regular and frequent cross-site communication between our Vancouver, Bangalore and Cambridge teams.
- Report to the Director of Engineering.
+ Demonstrated Leadership capability.
- You have to earn the trust and respect of a group of talented developers and organize our QA teams to get an essential job done efficiently.
- You need the skills to hold our very capable software developers to account when testing identifies areas where our software requires attention, even when under considerable pressure to ship.
+ Excellent Technical Judgement.
- You have to be right. You may be required to prove it.
+ Strength in Organization and Prioritization.
- Be prepared.
- Make difficult choices based on data. Know beforehand which data you will need. Make the plan to obtain it and execute on that plan.
- A Masters in Computer Science, or a Bachelors in CS with a strong development track record.
+ Proven software engineering skills. You must be an able software developer.
- Excellent fluency in Python is a hard requirement.
- Familiarity with a defect tracking system such as JIRA.
- Experience with Linux tools and development environment.
- C is very desirable, as are Bash, Git and Make.
- Buildbot development or integration experience would be useful.
+ Prior QA experience would be strongly beneficial.
- Ideally with both automated and manual test teams.
- It will be a tough sell to us without this, but we're open-minded if your application is otherwise exceptional.
+ Storage, networking and virtualization experience are all desirable.
How to apply:
Strong applications will include a brief cover letter that tells us a little about your background and what interests you in joining the team at Coho Data.
NOTE to all recruitment firms: Coho Data Storage is not accepting agency/search firm referrals for this posting, or other postings, without prior written permission from Coho Data Storage's Staffing organization. Coho Data Storage is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Date Posted:
- Jul 15, 2014 4:08 PM PDT
- Coho Data
Led by a team of XenSource/Citrix virtualization and storage industry veterans, Coho Data is enabling businesses of all sizes to build their own high performance Amazon-style storage for their data. Inspired by the highly scalable, commodity-hardware based approaches of public clouds, the company is developing the first flash-tuned scale-out storage architecture designed for the private cloud that delivers... more