The QA Specialist will join a skilled team devoted to providing excellence in software testing and validation ensuring quality products and services are provided to our customers. Working closely with the Development team the position will be responsible for creating, executing and automating test plans. You will be responsible for day to day activities related to the automation of core products and assist in decisions related to scheduling and implementation of new scripts and regression testing of products.
As a member of the Quality Assurance team in a growing company, the role requires the ability to interact with many different teams including our Security Operations Centre, Development, and IT. The input the QA Team members provide is crucial to management when deciding when the product is ready for release. You will be responsible for day to day activities related to the automation of core products and assist in decision related to scheduling and implementation of new scripts and regression testing of products. In this role you will be also responsible for:
• Creation, maintenance, documentation, execution, and reporting of both automated test suites and manual test documentation. This includes but is not limited to unit and system level testing requirements. Additional work on investigating anomalies and customer concerns will be required.
• Reviewing and analyzing project documentation to ensure product conformance
• Understanding how a feature is implemented in order to develop test cases for the functionality, performance, stress, and fault conditions
• Identifying the level of test coverage required and evaluating customer feedback to identify areas for future enhancement in the products
• Develop, execute and maintain test plans and test cases for features under test
• Create, maintain and execute automation test scripts and test framework
• Providing accurate defect submissions which communicate customer impact and provide information to assist with the defect investigation and resolution
We are looking for someone who is passionate about new technologies and has a strong attention to detail. If that describes you and you have what it takes to work in a diverse, dynamic environment, we want to talk to you right away!
• College and or University Degree in a computer science related field
• 3-5 years in a Quality Assurance / testing position or equivalent experience
• Experience developing automated tests and test automation software using scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Shell or similar
• Understanding of Quality Assurance processes including development of Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Cases, Root Cause Analysis, issue resolution
• Understanding of hardware and software configurations, network switches, configuration of software, and the ability to work from the command line on Unix (Ubuntu) and Windows
• Knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP, etc.) and networking devices
• Passion for new technologies and a strong attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivation and time management skills
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves in a team environment
• Selenium knowledge beneficial
Our compensation package includes a competitive base salary, bonuses and generous stock options. In addition, we offer a top-quality employee benefits program. Our office is in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada, conveniently located close to Hwy 401. We offer our employees a flexible work schedule in exchange for their commitment to excellence and dedication to the company’s success.
About eSentire, Inc.
eSentire has reinvented enterprise network security by focusing on protecting your core assets inside the network through our human driven, behavior-based solution. We turn the traditional layered security approach on its ear as we assume your network is already compromised and focus from the inside out by detecting behaviors indicative of advanced threats from criminals, nation states or hactivists and even your own staff whether malicious or borne of ignorance. No
matter where you are we have your back 24x7x365. In aggregate, eSentire secures over 150 alternate asset management funds responsible for over $750B of combined assets under management. Our clients also include financial institutions, healthcare facilities, engineering, construction, energy, resources and government. For more information, please visit http://www.esentire.com.
References and a criminal background check are required as part of the commitment to maximum security and trust we offer to all our customers.
- Date Posted:
- Mar 12, 2013 1:28 PM PDT
- eSentire Inc
At eSentire, we offer practical & pragmatic security solutions to help guard the intellectual property & infrastructure of enterprises. As a Managed Security Service Provider (MSSP), eSentire specializes in the delivery of comprehensive security consulting, continuous security monitoring services and immersive incident response. eSentire's crucial distinction stems from the fact that unlike many large companies... more