We have an immediate opening for a QA White Box Tester who will work with the Search and Data Services Team. You will aid in the development and implementation of testware specific to the backend platform including the creation of automated scripts using C# and n-Unit. You will be supporting multiple customer-facing Front End web and mobile applications. This will be a QA position with a twist as you work at testing from the unique perspective of inside the middle tier.
This is an excellent career building opportunity if you are interested in increasing your code development skills, SQL skills and testing process skills while being involved in various stages of the software development cycle and collaborating closely with a team of talented colleagues to produce industry-leading applications.
If you are looking to further expand your horizons, propel your career and enjoy fresh challenges, this is a job for you and an opportunity that should not be missed!
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
• Write, review, maintain and run automated scripts.
• Design and execute test cases and scenarios for both functional and non-functional requirements
• Investigate, report and retest software issues
• Track and report testing progress
• Demonstrate proficiency in the process, methodology and tools that the SQA team has implemented
• Become proficient with the product(s) and associated functionalities to which he/she has been assigned
• Participation in collaborative team problem solving sessions
• Actively provide recommendation on SQA process and methodology improvements
• Deliver quality automation code by applying sound development practices
• Perform system integration and testing, problem troubleshooting and resolution
• Identify technical, schedule, and other project risks and provide relevant feedback
• Proactively collaborate with teammates and communicate with project stakeholders to ensure project efforts proceed efficiently and with predictability
Qualifications and Core Competencies:
• Computer Science degree, Technical Diploma or related experience with software testing
• Must have experience with core programming languages C#, ASP.NET
• Must have experience with SQL Server
• Experience with open source technologies and methodologies is an asset
• Knowledge or experience with test driven development and agile/iterative development
• Prior experience with test automation tools and techniques is a definite asset
• Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple concurrent assignments
• Able to learn quickly and effectively apply new knowledge
• Strong analytic skills, problem-solving ability and attention to detail
• Ability to work with minimal or no supervision and maintain focus on the quality of deliverables
• Good verbal and written communication skills are required
• Strong collaboration skills and passion for working in a fast paced and team environment
What we offer:
• Challenging work that delivers innovative solutions to our customers
• Cutting edge software delivery methodology and software development tools
• Exposure to enterprise level software development and delivery platforms
• Continuous learning and training to build deep product, technical, and professional skills
• Competitive rewards and benefits
• Opportunities for career advancement and mobility
Move Canada’s total compensation package includes competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, and an RRSP contribution-matching program. In addition we also offer a tuition reimbursement program to help support our employees in reaching their educational goals.
Our culture includes a professional yet casual environment in which fun also plays a major part. Many company-sponsored events are held throughout the year and we also feature a Games Room complete with big screen satellite TV, foosball tables, pool table and more.
We believe in our people and provide them with a work environment that encourages personal growth and advancement. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes a balanced lifestyle, and supports diversity. Our team is composed of an exciting mix of people from various backgrounds, reflecting the company's commitment to creating one of the best working environments anywhere.
To apply, please visit our website at http://www.movecareers.ca and select “QA White Box Tester” from the list of available positions. We thank all applicants in advance and will directly contact those who are selected for interviews.
Move Canada, home of Top Producer’s innovative and award-winning products, has been serving the real estate market in North America for many years. By designing and developing the best suite of products on the market, Move Canada is at the forefront of both the real estate and software development industries! We are one of the largest software development companies in BC and we offer an exciting, challenging and... more