Job Posting # 14-037
Raymond James Ltd. is seeking a qualified Programmer Analyst to work in our downtown Cathedral Place office.
Raymond James Ltd. is one of Canada's leading independent investment dealers offering high quality investment products and services to individual Canadians seeking customized solutions to their wealth management needs.
Under the direction of the Manager of Systems Development, the Programmer Analyst is responsible for the analysis, design, development, testing, support and documentation of various business systems, ensuring that the needs of the Canadian operations of Raymond James Ltd. are met.
Specifically you will:
• Develop client-specific applications, ensuring that business and technical needs are met;
• Work closely with clients and/or project managers to determine technical project requirements;
• Contribute to the selection, planning, and testing of 3rd party software;
• Provide support to in-house developed applications;
• Contribute to the development of technical project plans and work estimates;
• Support and enforce internal security standards and policies.
To qualify for this opportunity you possess:
• 3 – 5 consecutive years of full time experience in a developmental environment, with an emphasis on web development, preferably in the financial services or brokerage industry;
• A minimum of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Technology or commensurate qualifications and/or experience;
• Proficiency in C# 5.0, .NET Framework 4.5, Entity Framework 5, ASP.NET MVC 4 and Razor View Engine;
• Hands-on experience with Visual Studio 2012, MSSQL 2008 or newer and Web Deployment Packaging;
• Knowledge of, or an interest in learning dynamic object oriented languages (Ruby), to maintain and support a broad base of existing applications;
• A strong foundation in object orientated programming (including analysis and design), development methodologies, design patterns and data modeling;
• Working knowledge of version control using Subversion and Trac;
• Experience working in a collaborative small team environment;
• An ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies and business knowledge;
• A keen attention to detail and strong analytical and problem solving abilities;
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
• Proficiency in French will be an asset.
This is a full-time position with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you would like to join our team please send a resume and covering letter, quoting the position and Job Posting # by May 16, 2014 to:
Raymond James Ltd.
2100 – 925 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 3L2
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those under consideration will be contacted.
- Date Posted:
- Apr 22, 2014 11:16 AM PDT
- Raymond James
Raymond James is one of North America's leading full-service investment dealers with an extensive presence across Canada and the United States. Raymond James Ltd. is the Canadian subsidiary of Raymond James Financial, Inc. Established in 1962, our parent firm made its initial public offering in 1983 and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange using the ticker symbol RJF. Raymond James was founded on the principle... more