FreshBooks has a big vision. We launched in 2003 but we’re just getting started and there’s a lot left to do. We're a high performing team working towards a common goal: building a kick-ass online accounting application to help small businesses better manage their finances. Known for extraordinary customer service and based in Toronto, Canada, FreshBooks serves paying customers in over 120 countries.
The Opportunity – Recruiter
We’re looking for a Recruiter to join the team tasked with one of the most important responsibilities at FreshBooks – finding and hiring the people who make us great at what we do. Specifically, we’re looking for a strong technical Recruiter who specializes in sourcing, interviewing and hiring Developers/Software Engineers and who can work on other roles as needed as well (DevOps, Design etc). You should love the challenge of finding those A players – the ones who not only match the requirements of the roles we're hiring for, but who demonstrate the values that every FreshBooker lives by. And once you’ve found them, you should be able to enthusiastically tell them about our mission and why they should join the FreshBooks team. You’ll be joining a talented recruitment team obsessed with ensuring the best possible experience for both our candidates and our hiring managers.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with hiring managers to understand their requirements, educate them on market drivers and act as an advisor during the hiring process
- Implement standard and creative sourcing techniques and outreach programs to attract top tech talent
- Interview, assess and recommend candidates for current and future openings
- Identify and recommend improvements to increase the speed and efficiency of the interview and hiring process
- Build relationships with candidates ensuring that everyone has a positive experience during the interview process regardless of the outcome
Who you are:
- You have at least three years of experience in tech recruitment, ideally in a mix of agency and corporate environments
- You have the ability to conduct preliminary assessments on technical skills as well as determine cultural and team fit
- You understand the difference between front and back end development, what working in an Agile environment means and what DevOps does
- You have experience with sourcing tools such as Linkedin Recruiter, TalentBin etc., as well the ability to be creative and develop your own methods
- You are a relationship builder who genuinely cares about people and knows that recruiting isn’t about filling a seat. You look for the best possible fit for both the candidate and FreshBooks.
Have we piqued your interest? Submit your resume along with a note telling us why you want to recruit for FreshBooks.
- Date Posted:
- Jun 10, 2015 1:00 AM PDT
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
In 2003, Mike McDerment, co-founder and CEO of FreshBooks, accidently saved over an invoice, snapped and decided to create a better way to manage his books and bill clients. Since then, FreshBooks has emerged as the #1 cloud accounting specialist for small business owners by helping more than 5 million people track time, organize expenses and invoice clients in the cloud. Known for... more