Are you a self-motivated and driven person who is organized and enthusiastic about supporting youth and educators in making a difference in the world?
Free The Children empowers youth to fulfill their potential to be agents of change. Through our organization's unique youth-driven approach, more than one million young people have been involved in our innovative programs in more than 45 countries. Founded by international child rights activist Craig Kielburger, Free The Children has an established track-record of success, with three nominations for the Nobel Peace Prize and partnerships with the United Nations, and Oprah's Angel Network. In 2011 Free The Children, was awarded Canada’s Top Employer for Young People for our amazing opportunities for young employees!
Free The Children seeks a driven and motivated Resource & Logistics Coordinator who will report directly to the Manager of Event Operations. This role is responsible for the acquisition & execution of décor for all We Days, and coordinating security services for all events.
Our work environment appeals to self-directed, flexible team players who have great interpersonal skills, learn quickly, and relish the opportunity to develop and execute retention strategies to promote long-term youth engagement.
A minimum two-year commitment is required and there are two streams of compensation for our entry level coordinator roles:
• Housing option (available only in Vancouver and Toronto)
• Non-housing option
The Housing option compensation offers a base salary
• Year 1: $20,000 plus shared accommodation included
• Year 2: $22,000 plus shared accommodation included
The Non-Housing option compensation offers a base salary
• Year 1: $27, 500
• Year 2: $29, 500
The position is based out of Free The Children’s International office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street). There is a three (3) month probationary period, upon reaching the three (3) month period, all staff members are offered a health plan including dental and Employee Assistant Program..
While resumes are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team and culture. We will consider resumes on a rolling basis and would like the right person to join us as soon as possible.
Please apply online at http://www.freethechildren.com/about-us/careers/
Acquisition and Execution of Décor for all We Days
• Liaise with suppliers and external and internal stakeholders to create an order and outline needs for all events.
• Lead the ordering process and tracking of purchased inventory
• Work with teams and supplier to create and execute load in /set up plan for each event
• Work with venue relationship holder to create and ensure fulfillment of venue conversion plan
• Track items that need to be shipped to and from each event
• Run teardown of the venue with internal teams and supplier
• Ensure items get returned to the proper location and maintain an inventory of all rented and owned items.
• Support in the management of the décor inventory at the We Day storage facility.
Coordinate Event Security Services for all We Days
• Liaise with internal We Day teams for their security needs
• Create security needs assessments for each event
• Work with venue relationship holder and the venue to create security plan
• Vet and hire third party security companies where applicable
• Manage and oversee security plan throughout each We Day event
Skills and Qualifications:
• Possess a bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Work experience in logistics, project management or inventory management is an asset
• Strong inter-personal skills
• Able to effectively delegate work
• Enjoys working in a demanding, fast paced work environment and flexible with work hours
• Highly self–motivated and independent, a strategic thinker
• Able to perform well and problem solve in high stress, dynamic and changing situations
• Detail oriented
• Positive and professional attitude and able to work as a team player
• Excellent time management, organization and multi-tasking skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Flexible, adaptable, thrives in stressful situations and strong team player
• Ability to maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
• Able to work both independently and within a team setting with minimal supervision
• Executes high level of positivity and professionalism in the office and at We Day events
• Sound understanding of and experience working with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Ability and willingness to travel to all We Day events across North American and the UK
• Full Graduated Ontario driver’s license is required
What makes Free The Children unique…
A Top Employer for Young People, Free The Children is filled with passionate, driven, hardworking, entrepreneurial, shameless idealists, this means we work late, set high goals and exceed them, and then push hard the following year to beat and exceed last year’s goals of empowering youth to change the world.
If you are looking for a predictable 9-5 work environment, this won’t be the right fit.
If you are inspired and excited by collaboration, making friendships with the most incredible people, unique additional responsibilities like working on our We Days and your personal values align with our core values, we would love to hear from you.
Free The Children sincerely thanks all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Date Posted:
- Jun 5, 2014 12:34 PM PDT
- Free The Children
- Free The Children
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
An international charity and educational partner, Free The Children believes in a world where all young people are free to achieve their fullest potential as agents of change. We work to empower youth to remove barriers that prevent them from being active local and global citizens. more