theScore (www.thescore.com and corporate.thescore.com) creates mobile-first sports experiences, connecting fans to what they love through a combination of real-time news, scores, fantasy information and alerts while creating and curating content that is mobile optimized, comprehensive, customizable and seamlessly shareable. theScore's mobile platforms are used by five million active users a month.
We are looking for talented and passionate Ruby developers to help build and scale a modern API that powers our apps. You will be working with smart, friendly, and dedicated Ruby/Rails developers on one of Toronto's top Ruby teams. You'll get to push updates to over 5 million users daily on a modern stack using AWS for infrastructure and Urban Airship for alerts. We use GitHub to manage all of our code and are big believers in code review.
The ideal candidate has experience with some of the above technologies, but wanting to work with them is the most important thing. Knowledge of sports is a plus, but not a requirement.
• 2+ years experience in Ruby, Rails
• Solid understanding of basic software design principles
• Test Driven Development (TDD, RSpec, etc)
• RDBMS & Key-Value Store experience (ie. MySQL, Memcached, Redis)
• Experience with Modern VCS (Git or Mercurial)
• Queues and background processing
• Scaling web applications
• Caching strategies
• Creating Ruby gems
• Experience with JSON APIs
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Competitive salary with Employee Share Purchase Plan
• Comprehensive Benefits package
• Fun, relaxed work environment
• Located downtown Toronto; easily accessible by public transit
• Snacks and drinks provided
• Awesome patio with BBQ
• Games room (bring your A game for our FIFA 14, ping pong and foosball tournaments!)
PLEASE APPLY TO JOBS@THESCORE.COM
- Date Posted:
- Mar 12, 2014 10:04 AM PDT
- theScore, Inc.
theScore’s mission is to provide a full digital service to sports fans, delivering a personalized user experience across all major mobile platforms through our mobile apps and website. Users are provided with a comprehensive, customizable service that dispenses real-time sports news, scores, fantasy information and alerts, alongside compelling, relevant content that allows for seamless social sharing by users.... more