Welcome to myBestHelper!
WE ARE FAMILY
To us, you are more than an employee. You are family. And we value family. People matter, and our team is key to our collective success - so we have assembled a pretty cool cast of characters who work hard and play hard according to our own version of Barney's Bro code. So expect no senseless hierarchies, but rather lots of opportunities to take initiative and use your brain - we want your ideas! If you want to join our team, get ready to learn a lot, laugh a lot, go beyond what you thought possible – and change the world with us.
AN INSPIRING PLACE TO WORK FROM
We are in the best neighborhood in the best city - yes, you are correct if you are thinking about Gastown in Vancouver. The charm of small cafes and bars has become attractive for many young tech startups and rising tech giants alike - from Hootsuite to GrandRelay.
THE SHORT VERSION OF EVERYTHING ELSE
- WE - are an award winning company with real users and huge market - and want to dent the universe: We help families find the help they need for child, home and elder care
- YOU - appreciate Agile development, efficient code - and really know Ruby on Rails 3+
Do you have a passion for making beautiful software and using real usage data to discover the triggers that push a product from great to amazing? Do you work on it until it’s easy enough that even your Grandma could use it? If this sounds like you, we invite you to see the keep on reading.
We provide creative environment that will allow you to move quickly and immediately see the impact of your work. Our small, tight-knit development team strives to create scalable software while leveraging the latest technologies and best practices.
SPECIFICALLY WE NEED YOU TO:
- Rapidly develop new features both server-side (RoR) and client-side (jQuery and soon angular)
- Collect and document user requirements and develop specifications
- Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test computer-based systems
- Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs
- Plan, design and coordinate the development, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems
- Assess, test, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments and applications software
- Lead and coordinate teams of information systems professionals in the development of software and integrated information systems, process control software and other embedded software control systems
- Optimize algorithms and background processes to support critical business needs
- Explore new tools and technologies to use to support our rapid growth based on analytics of user behavior
- Most importantly perhaps, you will have a chance to do real engineering, experimenting with and measuring the success of your own ideas, and then watching your code get used by hundreds of people the day you build it.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- BSc in Computer and at least 3 years of related experience
- Appreciation for Agile development and efficient code
- Great working knowledge of Ruby on Rails 3+ and related technologies
- Knowledge of Git, pragmatic BDD testing
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (English)
- Willingness to learn from & teach your new colleagues
- Ability to work in a close-knit team and under pressure
We offer $40/hour and are working to be able to offer benefits as soon as revenues allow it. We are a small team so you will get have the opportunity to work directly with company leadership, take ownership of the projects you’re working on and offer input on important product and development decisions.
If all of this sounds like you, we invite you to get in touch with us. We're looking forward to getting to know you!
HOW TO APPLY:
Expiring: August 24, 2014
Contact: Alexandra T. Greenhill
- Date Posted:
- Feb 26, 2014 9:11 AM PST
myBestHelper matches families with most suitable sitters and nannies. We are different from Care.com and UrbanSitter as we combine social circles and AirBnB-like reputation system (to help build trust) with eHarmony-like matching system (to increase fit between personalities and values). We save families and caregivers time and effort! more