Welcome to myBestHelper!
WE ARE FAMILY
To us, you are more than an employee. You are family. And we value family. People matter, and our team is key to our collective success - so we have assembled a pretty cool cast of characters who work hard and play hard according to our own version of Barney's Bro code. So expect no senseless hierarchies, but rather lots of opportunities to take initiative and use your brain - we want your ideas! If you want to join our team, get ready to learn a lot, laugh a lot, go beyond what you thought possible – and change the world with us.
AN INSPIRING PLACE TO WORK FROM
We are in the best neighborhood in the best city - yes, you are correct if you are thinking about Gastown in Vancouver. The charm of small cafes and bars has become attractive for many young tech startups and rising tech giants alike - from Hootsuite to GrandRelay. And it gets better - our sunlight filled office is in the Penthouse (yes, you read that correctly) of a newly renovated building with great views over mountains and city, a bike room with showers and a large deck with a picnic table.
THE SHORT VERSION OF EVERYTHING ELSE
- We - are an award winning company with real users and huge market - and want to dent the universe
- You - appreciate Agile development and beautiful/efficient code - and really know Ruby on Rails 3+
Do you have a passion for making beautiful software and using real usage data to discover the triggers that push a product from great to amazing? Do you work on it until it’s easy enough that even your Grandma could use it? If this sounds like you, we invite you to see the keep on reading the info below.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Appreciation for Agile development and beautiful/efficient code
- Great working knowledge of Ruby on Rails 3+ and related technologies
- Knowledge of Git, pragmatic BDD testing
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (English)
- Willingness to learn from & teach your new colleagues
- Ability to work in a close-knit team and under pressure
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Optimizing algorithms and background processes to support critical business needs
- Rapidly developing new features both server-side (RoR) and client-side (jQuery and soon angular)
- Proposing/exploring new tools and technologies to use to support our rapid growth
- Engineering, experimenting with and measuring the success of your own ideas
- Watching your code get used by hundreds of people the day you build it
You will get have the opportunity to work directly with company leadership, take ownership of the projects you’re working on and offer input on important product and development decisions.
We provide creative environment that will allow you to move quickly and immediately see the impact of your work. Our small, tight-knit development team strives to create elegant and maintainable software while leveraging the latest open source technologies and current best practices.
- Date Posted:
- Sep 12, 2013 5:03 PM PDT
myBestHelper matches families with most suitable sitters and nannies. We are different from Care.com and UrbanSitter as we combine social circles and AirBnB-like reputation system (to help build trust) with eHarmony-like matching system (to increase fit between personalities and values). We save families and caregivers time and effort! more