At Vena Solutions, our mission is to help smart companies better manage their data, spreadsheets, and files. Our cloud solution leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding web-based automated workflows and a powerful cloud-hosted database to make mission-critical Finance and Accounting processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian startups, we’re part of a growing industry where there are many opportunities for new solutions and product innovation in response to real world business problems.
About the Role
A Sales Engineer at Vena will be a key partner with Sales Managers to provide technical knowledge and customized demonstrations of Vena’s Corporate Performance Management software. You will have a strong knowledge of business problems and requirements and you will work closely with potential clients to understand their needs to propose relevant and value-add business solutions.
You have a strong background in finance and accounting processes and applications and you will be comfortable talking about complex technical concepts such as multidimensional databases. You have exceptional client interaction skills with the ability to build trust and credibility.
This role will require regular travel up to 60% to potential client sites throughout North America. As such, this role is one that can be based from a home office throughout Canada or the US.
- Present Vena’s product demonstrations to prospective customers
- Meet with potential customers to clarify business requirements and customize demo content appropriately
- Provide technical support to the Sales Team on the Vena suite of products
- Work closely with the Sales Team to evaluate and assist in sales strategy and solution recommendations for prospective customers
- Build and enhance Vena Solutions sales demonstration software
- Guide and supervise team members in building Proof of Concepts (POCs)
- Provide feedback to the Software Development Team on Vena’s product functionality and enhancements
- Assist with development of proposals and responses to RFI and RFP documents
- Understand and keep up-to-date with competitive products and technology and leverage this information in customer presentations
Skills & Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Accounting, Finance, Business or related field and/or equivalent experience
- Five or more (5+) years’ experience in software presales or implementation with superior skills in gathering and understanding client requirements, leveraging a consultative approach, and converting requirements into effective solutions
- Strong depth of knowledge in and experience with finance and accounting processes such as budgeting, planning, forecasting, month end close, financial reporting, consolidations, etc.
- Advanced Excel skills with the ability to create complex formulas and macros and use sophisticated formatting options
- In-depth technical knowledge of, and preferably hands-on experience with, OLAP concepts and OLAP-based software applications
- Comfortable with presenting to and talking with C-level executives
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to communicate concepts and technical information to an audience comprised of varying degrees of technical knowledge effectively
- Strong written communication skills for responses to proposals, RFI and RFP documents
- A customer-focused consultative sales approach and the ability to truly understand customer requirements and pain
- Positive “can-do” attitude, well organized, focused on achieving results cost-effectively
- Self-learner, with sense of initiative, and perseverance to deliver high quality work
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country which the role is based. No agencies please.
Should you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please describe your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org when making an application and we will be sure any accommodation needs are met.
- Date Posted:
- Jul 14, 2014 10:37 AM PDT
- Vena Solutions
About Vena At Vena Solutions, our mission is to help smart companies better manage their data, spreadsheets, and files. Our cloud solution leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding web-based automated workflows and a powerful cloud-hosted database to make mission-critical Finance and Accounting processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian... more