Cincinnati, OH, United States
Well versed in the IT challenges facing enterprise size organizations? Have a strong background in network technologies? Do the people around you describe you as a super communicator and team player?
If you’ve answered yes to the above and live in Ohio, then joining our team as a Sales Engineer presents you with a strong home office based career growth opportunity!
Whether you’re a Network or Systems Engineer with a desire to be customer facing OR you’re already a Sales Engineer with a network background, we want to hear from you.
As a Sales Engineer, you will work closely with our Sales team, clients and partners, taking ownership of the technical aspect of the engagement and ensuring customer success. Your technical expertise will be relied upon for advising & designing solution architecture, conducting demonstrations and leading proofs-of-concept. You’ll also liaise with Professional Services to ensure projects are smoothly transitioned.
BlueCat provides a customer-optimized transition from pre-sales to services, in which the customer’s interests are center focus.
Ideally, you possess a strong networking background, are capable of advanced solution engineering, architecture design and in-depth product configuration. Strong presentation skills and an understanding of the intricacies of a complex, technical sales cycle for large enterprise clients is essential for success in this role.
How you will contribute to BlueCat’s success:
- Provide technical pre-sales support during the evaluation of BlueCat’s solution
- Consult on solution architecture within the context of the client’s network infrastructure and business goals
- Design the solution architecture using BlueCat and related technologies (F5/Citrix/VCO)
- Deliver on-site and web-based presentations to broad audiences
- Actively participate at trade shows, seminars and speaking engagements
- Identify new business opportunities
- Provide feedback to Product Management and Engineering on product functionality and future enhancements
- Take the technical lead in responding to proposals and RFPs
Skills and Experiences that will capture our attention:
- 3+ years of experience in a Network/Systems Engineer role with the desire to be client facing OR as a Sales/Systems Engineer with a network related company
- Strong network system administration experience and very familiar with IP protocol, DNS, ISC BIND, MS DNS, DHCP
- Experience designing solution architecture for an enterprise software, networking, virtualization, or systems integration company
- Experience with routing, switching, and LAN/WAN design
- Experience in Cloud and Virtualization with a focus on VMware solutions
- 3+ years of experience with UNIX/LINUX platforms
- Intermediate scripting skills and experience in a broad range of programming languages
- Experience installing and managing Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 DNS and DHCP servers
- Ready and willing to travel
- Excellent communication skills with an affinity for conveying technical concepts to a variety of audiences
- Date Posted:
- Nov 17, 2015 12:28 PM PST
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
At BlueCat, we believe the explosive growth of connected systems requires a new approach to network and device management. We are committed to delivering advanced IPAM solutions through fearless product innovation, and we always go the extra mile to exceed customer expectations, providing smarter ways to connect mobile devices, applications, virtual environments and clouds. Speaking of our... more