Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Mogo (TSX: GO) is building a digital financial brand for the next generation of Canadians by offering convenience, transparency and a more engaging customer experience. With 135,000 members and growing, we are using technology and design to not only transform the way consumers access financial solutions (it takes only about three minutes to create a MogoAccount online), but also enable them to take control of their financial health. Savvy members can get out of debt faster through our unique Level Up program, spend responsibly with one of our cool free reloadable Mogo Prepaid Visa cards, and keep on top of payments by signing up for Mogo’s text and email alerts. To learn more about Mogo—recently referred to as the potential “Uber of banking” by CNBC, Toronto Star, and others—visit mogo.ca.
Mogo is looking for a Senior Accountant to play a key role on the Finance Team. We are looking for this individual to be able to think strategically, innovate and accomplish key deliverables. Are you passionate and excited about the opportunity to join a rapidly growing and distinctive business? You’re looking for an opportunity to be part of a driven team of professionals about to take a Canadian company public? You’ve gained demonstrable experience with a strong track record of success? If your answers are all yes, this position is for you. Check out this list of qualifications below and if this sounds like you, send us your resume - we want to hear from you!
- Lead corporate finance and operating analysis for the company’s revenue and costs across all departments and annual operating budget process.
- Prepare and analyze monthly results and provide explanations for variances of actual vs budget and forecast.
- Design and manage key metric reporting and analysis to ensure financial integrity of management reports.
- Maintain complex loan portfolio forecasting model and credit facility cash flows model.
- Prepare periodic cash flow forecast and monitor liquidity position.
- Support timely and accurate Financial Statement and Management Reporting preparation.
- Identify and track revenue and expense trends, and opportunities to improve profitability, cross-functional team financial support, identify financial risks.
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures.
- Work cross functionally with the senior leadership team; monitoring KPIs, budgeting and planning, management reporting, and financial analytics and acting as a strategic partner and assisting in business decisions.
- Support various levels of operations by providing financial guidance and resolving financial inquiries.
- Develop and maintain cost findings, reporting and internal control procedure; analyze financial documents and reports.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of new approaches, policies or procedures in support of continuous improvement to achieve strategic planning and financial objectives.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- CPA or MBA with minimum 5 years professional work experience is mandatory, in a field related to financial analysis, review of P&Ls, and variance analysis. Financial services industry experience is definitely an asset.
- Strong financial modeling skills.
- Exceptional analytical and decision making skills and the ability to understand issues and communicate appropriate solutions.
- Strong ability to adhere to deadlines and produce results under pressure – thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated success working with cross-functional teams.
- Quick learner and adaptable to an ever-changing environment.
- Self-starter with high level of accountability.
- Excellent English skills and communication, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail, working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner.
- Excellent time management skills; the process of exercising conscious control over the amount of time spent on specific activities, especially to increase efficiency or productivity.
- Date Posted:
- Dec 11, 2015 1:01 AM PST
- Mogo Finance Technology Inc.
- Mogo Finance Technology Inc.
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Do More, Spend Less This generation is the first to grow up in an internet world. Every day, new companies are being created that leverage the power of the internet and technology to bring a new level of convenience to almost everything we do. Whether it's using Uber instead of your own car, or renting an apartment in Paris through Airbnb instead of shelling out for a pricey hotel room, these... more