The senior art director & design manager reports to the director of content and social marketing team. This position oversees and manages the marketing design team, implementing the strategy behind our visual presence both online and offline.
- Oversee, manage and mentor the design team, which includes direct reports, freelancers and contractors
- Establish the conceptual themes and style direction for all designers on any project
- In collaboration with the brand team, develop creative campaigns to increase brand awareness
- Primary point of contact between the product design team (creative director) and the marketing design team, establishing a synchronicity between the product look-and-feel and marketing campaigns
- Oversee and conceptualize the evolution of the visual brand for marketing, globally
- Primary brand sign-off in design projects prior to internal customer or leadership review
- Manage internal stakeholder relationships; product marketing, corp communication, executives etc.
- Provide creative direction and hands-on design on high profile marketing projects
- Partner with project management team to prioritize and coordinate design projects
- Support the scaling of the operation thru developing the development and implementation of systems and processes necessary for hyper-growth
- Maximize team efficiency while ensuring quality creative output
- Communicate and share the team’s projects with executives and management from the organization as needed
Required Skills & Experience:
- 10+ years working in consumer-facing design with 4+ years working at an Art Director level or above
- Bachelor degree on a creative field or its equivalent in portfolio work
- Must have experience managing a team of creatives with the ability to interact with cross-functional teams, internal and external resources
- Strong graphic design, people management and collaboration skills
- A solid understanding of marketing and advertising principles
- Creative agency and global brand experience
- Ability to give and receive valuable and useful feedback and critiques, clearly defending and championing his/her ideas and work
- Multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail
- High level understanding of CSS, HTML, and web technologies and/or comfort working with developers on these tasks
- Ability to sell creative idea to executive stakeholders
- Highly motivated – a self-starter who will flourish in a start-up environment.
- Working knowledge of the Hootsuite dashboard
- Experience working in a technology/software company
- Date Posted:
- Sep 22, 2014 1:19 PM PDT
- Hootsuite Media, Inc.
Hootsuite is the world’s most widely used social media relationship platform. More than 10 million users, including 744 of the Fortune 1000 companies, trust Hootsuite to manage their social media programs across multiple social networks from one integrated dashboard. Learn more about how Hootsuite is revolutionizing communication at http://www.hootsuite.com. more