Mobify is looking for an experienced back-end software engineer to join our Product team. You'll be designing and building core components of our next-generation platform serving billions of page views for some of the most recognized brands in the world.
As a part of the Product team, a group talented engineers and designers building innovative new products, you'll be investigating and implementing experimental technologies and new approaches. From prototyping to deployment, you'll have input into each step of our agile development process. You will work with other engineering team members to build our back-end as well as with designers to develop the user experience. This is an intermediate to senior level position, and is also on-site. Candidates must be in or willing to relocate to Vancouver, Canada.
Want to find out more? Check out https//github.com/mobify or http://www.mobify.com/blog/.
- Gather and curate product requirements
- Rapidly prototype solutions, evaluate technology choices, and solve architectural challenges
- Work with a talented team to design great software
- Develop scalable systems using our core stack: Django, Flask, Node.js, Postgres
- Participate in a DevOps & scrum (agile) software development environment
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience developing with web technologies
- Have developed complex web applications
- Have an established record of shipping products either independently or as part of a small team
- Have a background in distributed systems, networking, performance, or databases
- Are knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the latest trends in web
- Contribute to open source projects, speak at meetups or conferences
- Maintain a personal or community website, portfolio, or side project
- Active on Github, blogs, Twitter, or HackerNews
- Experience working in a start-up environment
Mobify (www.mobify.com) is a rapidly growing Vancouver-based technology company building the next generation of adaptive web products. Our vision is to mobify the web - to make it amazing and accessible on every device.
- You want to tackle world-class technology problems and change the way the world uses the web
- You are equally passionate about the web and making it amazing and accessible on every device
- Convenient Yaletown location in beautiful Vancouver, Canada
- Competitive salary, great benefits, and yoga classes and kettlebell classes right at the office!