Mobify is looking for a Back-End Engineer to join our Product Team. You'll be designing and building core components of our next-generation platform serving billions of page views for some of the most recognized brands in the world.
As a part of the Product team, a group of talented engineers and designers building innovative new products, you'll be investigating and implementing experimental technologies and new approaches. From prototyping to deployment, you'll have input into each step of our agile development process. You will work with other engineering team members to build our back-end as well as with designers to develop the user experience.
Want to find out more? Check out our open source projects, engineering or culture blog.
The responsibilities of the Back-End Engineer will include the following:
- Provide technical leadership to junior engineers on the Product team
- Gather and curate product requirements
- Evaluate technology choices and rapidly prototype solutions
- Mentor the team in solving architectural challenges
- Develop scalable systems using our core stack: Django, Flask, Node.js, Postgres
- Lead the team in best practice in a DevOps & scrum (agile) software development environment
The Back-End Engineer will possess the following qualifications:
- A degree or diploma in Computer Science or Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years experience developing with web technologies
Expertise in Python
- A deep understanding of e-commerce and, or, experience building e-commerce solutions
- Experience as the engineer on a team developing complex web applications
- An established record of shipping web products either independently or as part of a small team
- Knowledge about the latest trends in web gathered through industry research and conference attendance
- A history of contributing to the engineering community through open source contributions or scholarly publications
- Experience working in a start-up environment
Mobify (www.mobify.com) is the mobile shopping platform of choice for leading global retailers. We power shopping around the world through web, apps and brick and mortar stores.
Mobify's platform empowers marketers and developers at companies like Ann Taylor, Crocs, ideeli, Leading Hotels of the World, British Telecom and Beyond the Rack to deliver exceptional mobile shopping experiences that improve customer experience, and grow revenue.
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada