The HootSuite Marketing team is seeking a passionate and super organized Sr. Back-End Web Developer who has a keen eye for detail, clean code and can help us create world-class interactive projects for HootSuite.
You will work closely with the design and development team while reporting to the Director, Global Marketing Operations, and will be responsible for iterating, planning, implementing, and developing code in multiple languages. Additionally, you must understand a wide array of digital tools, and have an ability to concept non-traditional digital.
- Development in an enterprise level website including implementation of a content management and localization strategy
- Constantly be learning and stay on top of new technology and industry developments
- Writing documentation
- Integrating with 3rd-party platforms via API’s, SDK’s, etc.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years development experience
- Advanced knowledge in PHP Frameworks (Symfony2 in particular)
- Proficient in PHP, command line, MySQL, JS/jQuery
- Comfortable with SVN/GIT, SOAP, JSON, YAML, CSS, HTML, etc.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with CMS development (eZ Publish an asset)
- Experience managing enterprise level websites
- Outstanding web portfolio demonstrating understanding of web standards, CSS best practices, accessibility and responsiveness (mobile devices)
- Strong communication skills including the ability to interface with cross-functional teams
- Ability to clearly defend and champion your ideas and work
- Ability to work with managers in different geographies
- Be able to create and contribute to a positive & communicative environment within the Marketing team
- Highly motivated in a fast-paced environment
- Lead and inspire others around you
- Working knowledge of the HootSuite dashboard and social media management
- No Ego's please
- Experience with startup culture and entrepreneurship
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong time management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Team player; and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You will be expected to be comfortable working as part of a team or on individual projects.
- Exhibit HootSuite’s core values
- Date Posted:
- Mar 3, 2014 10:55 AM PST
- HootSuite Media, Inc.
HootSuite is a social relationship platform for businesses and organizations to collaboratively execute social media strategies across multiple social networks from one secure, web-based dashboard. Launch marketing campaigns, identify and grow audience, and distribute targeted messages using HootSuite’s unique social media dashboard. Streamline team workflow with scheduling and assignment tools and reach audiences... more