Do you want to help deliver world-class mobile apps for some of the largest events, festivals and conferences on the planet?
Eventbase Technology is a rapidly growing mobile technology company with a global client base. We power official apps for high profile brands, including three Olympic Games, SXSW, Disney, Sundance Film Festival, Comic-Con and many more.
We’re looking for Senior Back End Web Developer to join our web team and help build solutions that serve our premium clients in the event industry. This senior role will contribute in helping architect highly scalable robust solutions that serve several million users per year.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Bsc. in Comp. Sci or equivalent degree or experience
- 5+ years of PHP & SQL experience
- RESTful API experience; including versioning
- Architectural knowledge – use of Design Patterns and ability to champion best practices to produce scalable, maintainable, and robust code
- Working in team environments with peer reviews, Pull Requests, and version control via Git
- Writing unit tests; experience with Continuous Integration beneficial
- Estimating, and planning work with Agile Scrum
- Working with others in an Agile environment, including delegating and mentoring junior staff
- Excellent problem solving abilities, including strategies and willingness to assist in debugging live issues
- Able to define priorities, be self-motivated, and work in a dynamic environment
Other bonus knowledge:
- Familiarity with the Framework Interop Group's PSR standards including Composer
- Experience with NoSql systems such as Redis
- Linux/Mac OS X shell and Git or SVN experience
We aim high and work hard while having fun. Our Yaletown office provides a casual work environment with a few office dogs and an in-house coffee barista thrown in for good measure.
Each member of our team gets an opportunity to go to an event of their choice each year to gain first-hand knowledge of our apps in action.
How to Apply
- Send your resume with a cover letter (1 page maximum) letting us know:
- How you will contribute to our Company Culture
- Why you may be the ideal candidate
- Why you want to build world class mobile event apps
- What is the best event (music festival, film festival, sport...) you've attended
- How you think mobile apps can improve the experience of attending an event
- Date Posted:
- Apr 20, 2016 8:15 PM PDT
- Eventbase Technology Inc.
- Eventbase Technology Inc.
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Eventbase (formerly known as Xomo) is the world’s most trusted event app platform. Eventbase enhances the attendee experience by providing a feature-rich, location-aware, native event app available on popular smartphone and tablet devices. Eventbase Premium powers official native apps for the largest events on earth, including the London 2012 Olympics, South By SouthWest (SXSW), Spring Fair... more