At Vena Solutions, our mission is to help smart companies better manage their data, spreadsheets, and files. Our cloud solution leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding web-based automated workflows and a powerful cloud-hosted database to make mission-critical Finance and Accounting processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian startups, we’re part of a growing industry where there are many opportunities for new solutions and product innovation in response to real world business problems.
About the Role
As a Vena Senior Consultant, you will be responsible for implementing complex financial and accounting solutions on-site or remotely with our customers. You are passionate about providing companies with the knowledge, processes, and resources to complete a variety of Corporate Performance Management (CPM) activities and you have the knowledge of financial and accounting best practices as well as hands-on technical skills to provide advice and guidance in these areas.
You will be responsible for the successful completion and quality of the implementation, including solution design, development, and delivery as well as client interaction and training. You will help to manage and implement project logistics and will be responsible for hands-on execution of technical requirements. You will also be the key contact for client stakeholders who you will work with to understand requirements, manage issues, and develop solutions.
Please note that this role requires regular travel of about 60% to client sites. This travel will be primarily throughout North America, but has the potential to be global in nature as our client base grows.
- Collaborate closely with client stakeholders to implement the Vena product from end-to-end
- Build and test complex templates and reports based on client specifications and imbed required functionality
- Build OLAP databases including dimensionality, calculations, automation, and optimization requiring very complex calculations and difficult performance tuning
- Build relational databases including the schema, stored procedures, and tables
- Extract, transform, and load data into both OLAP and relational databases
- Assist in project planning responsibilities including development of project plans, business requirements, functional specifications, and reporting on project deliverables
- Mentor and manage junior project resources and delegate tasks to ensure successful project completion
Skills & Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, Computer Science, Accounting, Business, or related discipline and/or equivalent experience
- Three to seven (3 – 7) years’ experience working with finance and accounting software, preferably with a proven track record implementing Corporate Performance Management systems or similar solutions
- Three or more (3+) years’ experience in project management including identifying requirements, setting project plans, and managing project deliverables on time and in scope
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and the ability to create complex formulas, macros, and sophisticated formatting
- A solid understanding of OLAP building concepts, RDBMS, Hyperion Essbase or Microsoft Analysis Services, and implementation processes
- Advanced knowledge and experience in building relational databases, specifically SQL, including the ability to populate and extract data and create stored procedures
- Superior communication and presentation skills with the ability to work with all levels of management including the C-suite
- Ability to build and nurture strong client and peer relationships while working in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Accounting or Finance experience a definite asset
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Local candidates only. No agencies please.
Should you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please describe your requirements to email@example.com when making an application and we will be sure any accommodation needs are met.
- Date Posted:
- Jul 14, 2014 10:33 AM PDT
- Vena Solutions
About Vena At Vena Solutions, our mission is to help smart companies better manage their data, spreadsheets, and files. Our cloud solution leverages the flexibility and ease of use of widely-used spreadsheets while adding web-based automated workflows and a powerful cloud-hosted database to make mission-critical Finance and Accounting processes simple. Viewed by many as one of the most innovative Canadian... more