The Senior Copywriter on the Content Team at HootSuite will help to develop and improve the writing programs related to branded content at HootSuite. More than words on a page, you understand that content is a science, an algorithm of prose, structure, tone and creativity that centers around one person: the buyer. You, are a Senior Writer.
You know how to make good content exceptional and you want to help us do it. If you are passionate about being a part of a pioneering content marketing team that aims to set the gold standard for content marketing, then this is the job for you. Anyone who strives for less than excellence in every detail, need not apply.
- Developing, writing, re-writing and editing content for both internal and external communications and marketing materials; including but not limited to presentations, website copy, white papers, ebooks, guides, case studies, campaign and advertising copy, speaking notes, sales communications, messaging frameworks and emails
- Responsible for learning and communicating the business solutions that HootSuite provides, the personas we speak to and the messaging frameworks that accompany themes and campaigns
- Working with copywriters to ensure alignment on communications
- Advising the team on specific writing issues providing advice on style, terminology and format
- Ensuring quality standards and consistency with organizational policies, strategic direction, and brand voice
- Mentorship of writing team
- Help execute and organize writing programs: newsletters, templates, on-boarding, customer journey, personas, sales materials, event copy, etc.
- Research and writing for white papers and materials to support the writers
- Working with design leads to produce new and innovative formats for content and materials
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5 to 7 years of experience with a vast cross-section of writing for specific marketing materials and business documents, including project management
- Proven experience developing successful content and content programs that resonate with audiences
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams to educate and collaborate on content programs
- Solid understanding of Enterprise writing B2B and B2C, but also have a working knowledge of SMB markets
- Ideally coming out of an agile environment with fast turnaround times and multiple simultaneous deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize quickly
- Strong communicator and people person
- Expected to contribute regularly to the blog
- Comfortable working individually and mentoring team members, including those in other time zones
- Experience managing a team
- Has a keen eye for visual/design
- High understanding of social media for business
- Highly passionate
- Enjoys ping pong
- Date Posted:
- Jan 21, 2014 2:53 PM PST
- HootSuite Media, Inc.
HootSuite is a social relationship platform for businesses and organizations to collaboratively execute social media strategies across multiple social networks from one secure, web-based dashboard. Launch marketing campaigns, identify and grow audience, and distribute targeted messages using HootSuite’s unique social media dashboard. Streamline team workflow with scheduling and assignment tools and reach audiences... more