The Senior Database Administrator is responsible for managing the company’s production system databases. This includes the development, review, and maintenance of database scripts, providing custom reports and data extracts. The senior database administrator will also maintain database objects, including keys, indexes.
As part of a team that is responsible for Absolute’s production environment, the senior database administrator will also assist in staging and managing updates to the production environment. This will include review of proposed database changes and working with the QA team to support testing. Some system updates are service affecting and need to be scheduled for low traffic periods, thus the database administrator will need to periodically be available on evening and weekends for system updates.
The senior database administrator will also contribute to overall operations policies and procedures by assisting in the management of system security, and working with teams on the planning and execution of system expansion, as well as back-up and restore procedures.
The senior database administrator will be expected to be available periodically on a pager basis for production issues and escalations. Some travel may be required.
Adherence and promotion of Absolute Security Policies and Tech Ops Security Policies is required.
Key Hosting Operations Responsibilities:
Execution of key database administration activities. This includes:
• Executing DB update scripts to manage approved modifications to data
• Developing new scripts
• Installing and upgrading database application components
• Providing management or customer reports and data extracts
• Maintaining database objects, including keys, indexes, etc
Carrying out business processes within the team. This includes:
• Managing system security according to policy and procedure
• Planning and execution of system backup and restore
Key Collaborative Responsibilities:
Interaction as part of the Production Application team. This includes:
• Making recommendations on existing and future storage and system infrastructure
• Issue resolution to the staging and production environments
Required Skills, Education or Experience:
• Technical experience in database administration required
• Experience of documentation and presentation of technical tasks and implementation plans expected.
• Experience with reporting packages required, such as Microsoft Reporting Services, Crystal Reports.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial high-tech environment expected.
• Thorough knowledge of database design, optimization and management required.
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server platform and tools required.
• Technical troubleshooting and issue documentation skills required.
• Current experience with NoSQL Databases, preferably MongoDB
• Microsoft Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or equivalent preferred.
• Strong familiarity with operating systems, firewalls, anti-virus and other security products required.
• Knowledge of IT Asset Management practices an asset.
• Broad Internet knowledge required.
• Formal technical training expected, university degree preferred.
• Broad-based education across multiple disciplines preferred.
- Date Posted:
- Oct 17, 2014 2:01 PM PDT
- Absolute Software
Absolute Software Corporation is the industry standard in persistent endpoint security and management solutions for computers, laptops, and ultra-portable devices—and the data they contain. Absolute Software has been the leader in device security and management for 20 years. Our persistence technology is built into tens of millions of devices around the world. more