Job ID: GROP115
Location: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full-time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 18,000 customers in 90 countries. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and were recognized by numerous awards including Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2012 and 2011), Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), and Deloitte's list of 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2013).
With over 325 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create cool technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Apply today - we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit (www.globalrelay.com).
The Senior Database Administrator is responsible for managing the Global Relay's production PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL database systems. This includes the development, review, and maintenance of database scripts, custom reports, data extracts, and ongoing optimization of databases and applications to ensure the highest level of database and application performance. As part of the IT Operations team, the Senior Database Administrator will work closely with business users and developers to assist in managing updates to staging and production environments. This will include reviewing proposed database changes as well as recommending and implementing changes to optimize performance and ensure high availability.
• Monitor and maintain all internal and external PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL databases
• Perform routine archiving, security, and auditing related tasks, according to applicable policies and procedures
• Support client database functions, including data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) services
• Provide management reports, customer reports, and data extracts
• Conduct research, analysis, and profiling to develop methods to improve database performance, functionality, and availability
• Plan, communicate, execute, and document database related maintenance and upgrades
• Assist with space management initiatives and database migration projects
• Support audit and security processes including access control and user management
• Make recommendations on existing and future storage and system infrastructure
• Ensure that all issues in staging and production environments are addressed quickly
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in database administration, development, and support
• Experience in Linux / Unix / Windows
• Experience in PostgreSQL 8.x / 9.x
• Experience in Microsoft SQL 2005 / 2008
• Experience in database architecture modeling, design, and implementation
• Expert knowledge in database performance tuning and query optimization
• Ability to work with agile teams to support dynamic and high-availability environments
• Strong knowledge of database backups/restores, clustering, mirroring, and replication
• Experience in documentation and presentation of technical tasks and implementation plans
• Thorough knowledge of database design and optimization
• Excellent technical troubleshooting and issue documentation skills
• Excellent written and oral communication, problem solving, and organization skills
• Strong initiative and ability to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent ability to work in a collaborative team environment
• Able to meet project schedules and quality standards
• Able to balance priorities and work under pressure
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, high-tech environment
• Database certification an asset
• Linux certification an asset
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to: email@example.com. Save your PDF using the following format "FirstName LastName (Application Date)". Reference "Sr. Database Administrator_GROP115” in email subject line.
No phone call please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Date Posted:
- Sep 30, 2014 3:18 PM PDT
- Global Relay Communications Inc.
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 18,000 customers in 90 countries. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android,... more