Mobify is looking for a Front-End Engineer to join our Product team. You'll be designing and building core components of our next-generation platform serving billions of page views for some of the most recognized brands in the world.
As a part of the Product team, a group talented engineers and designers building innovative new products, you'll be investigating and implementing experimental technologies and new approaches. From prototyping to deployment, you'll have input into each step of our agile development process. You will work with other engineering team members to build our back-end as well as with designers to develop the user experience. This is an intermediate to senior level position, and it is also on-site. Candidates must be in or willing to relocate to Vancouver, Canada.
- Provide technical leadership to the Customer Success engineering team.
- Provide input on long range strategic planning, process improvement and best practices.
- Be an evangelist for our customer in the definition of and creation of new features or products.
- Develop mobile websites powered by Mobify and open source frameworks
- Work with a team of Producers, Designers, Mobile Developers and Quality Assurance Engineers to successfully launch mobile websites
- Solve complex problems related to front-end web development and provide accurate estimates and scope for team deliverables
- Contribute to the mobify.js project
- Have experience in a technical leadership role (team lead or similar)
- Possess great communication skills
- Have the ability to multitask and deal with several ongoing projects at once
- Want to tackle interesting problems
- Have a degree in Computer Science or a relevant field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- You contribute to the open source community and are active on blogs, twitter and HackerNews
- Experience working in a start-up environment
Mobify is an open platform to adapt any website for mobile devices. Here is an inside peak:
- On our products: our open platform, key features, and how we make responsive sites faster
- We’re obsessed with data and we do our research: Smartphone Browser localStorage is up to 5x Faster than Native Cache
- We engage with and contribute to the community: on capturing for responsive design, guides, and open source projects
- We work in a cool place, we love our culture, and we keep fit with rooftop yoga and kettlebell classes
- We want to hire amazing people so we're thorough