At ClearlyContacts.ca we pride ourselves on having a team comprised of talented, innovative and dynamic individuals who are driven by an inner desire to be the best.
Our progressive employee benefits, thriving corporate culture and engaging work environment led to our recognition as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures. Our team’s continued efforts to change the way the world sees, especially through our Change the View project, has been recognized as the Best in the Biz Most Socially Responsible Company of the Year.
To succeed on our team you must have an entrepreneurial mindset that embraces challenges, and understands the potential of the Internet as an innovative tool to buy eyewear.
Now is your chance to join our team. ClearlyContacts.ca is seeking a dynamic individual to add to the success of our Information Technology team as a Senior Java Developer.
Key Responsibilities of a Senior Java Developer:
- Involved in all aspects of the Application Development Lifecycle
- Providing assistance on technical design and architecture of business solutions, including client/server, service oriented and web driven architectures
- Performing functional analysis and debugging
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews, help enforce best practices, coding guidelines and code quality
- Writing and updating documentation of requirements, design and source code
- Accurately quantify and estimate application development timelines
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving production issues
Characteristics of a Successful Candidate:
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related subject
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience
- 3+ years of experience with J2EE/Java(Spring)/AJAX/Web Services
- Object Oriented Design methodologies experience and Object Relational Mapping (Hibernate) skills are a must
- Strong DB design and knowledge of MS SQL Server 2005 with experience on database performance tuning tools and techniques
- Previous Apache Tomcat and JBoss configuration/deployment experience
- Experience with at least one version control system (e.g. Subversion, CVS)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Ability to work with small/large team environment as well as independently
- Experience in Agile/Scrum software development methodologies
- Knowledge and experience in eCommerce Development and/or with Elasticpath framework would be an asset
A Winning Relationship
- Group RSP and ESP programs
- Extended medical benefits
- MSP coverage
- 2 weeks paid vacation, after 2 years of employment – 3 weeks paid vacation, after 4 years of employment – 4 weeks paid vacation
- Brand new, open concept Vancouver office, designed to inspire collaboration and innovation
- Opportunities for career growth and development
- Company discount on contact lenses and glasses
- Group activities (past events: paintball, beach BBQ, Playland, dinner cruise)
- Subsidized fitness and wellness programs
- Refer a friend and get $500!
Applying for this position will allow you to be a part of something incredible. Clearly Contacts is a company that thrives on a culture where we believe if you can envision it, you can do it. We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
- Date Posted:
- Mar 27, 2015 10:32 AM PDT