Job ID: GRDV185
Location: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full-time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 18,000 customers in 90 countries. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and were recognized by numerous awards including Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2012 and 2011), Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), and Deloitte's list of 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2013).
With over 325 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create cool technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit (www.globalrelay.com).
As a member of the automation testing team, you will be responsible for identifying requirements, evaluating technologies, providing comparisons and proposing solutions, designing and coding fixtures to be used for automated test cases, and documenting components of the architecture.
You will be joining a dynamic team responsible for the development of an automated test framework for our compliance solutions. A deep understanding of networking protocols and testing frameworks is also required. A thorough understanding and consistent use of development best practices is a must.
• Lead the design, development, and maintenance of an existing automated testing framework
• Lead the design, development, and maintenance of common testing libraries used by the development teams
• Constant collaboration with the development teams on the use of their automated tests
• Collaborate with users of the automated testing framework to better understand and implement requirements
• Write appropriate unit tests for your Java code
• Document the automated testing framework
• Support other members on the team (QA and Developers), providing guidance and appropriate insights as to how the automation works
• Participate in code reviews and mentoring of team members during the development of the automated testing framework
• Tackle new challenges as the team grows and the number of services that require automated testing increases; this includes integration with new technologies, such as Mobile
Technical Skills Requirements:
• Minimum 5 years of Java development experience with automated testing frameworks
• Successful candidate must have built at least one automated testing framework that addressed a business need
• Experience with version control such as GIT and SVN
• Experience with Agile development such as Scrum and Kanban
• Experience with build tools such as Maven
• Experience with continuous integration systems, such as Bamboo
• Experience with dependency injection containers
• Experience with network protocols such as HTTP, TLS, and TCP
• Experience with service oriented architecture including REST and JSON
• Experience with design patterns
• Experience with development in a Linux environment
• Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
Desirable Skills Requirements:
• Prior exposure to Jbehave and Selenium Web Driver
• Experience with an IDE such as Eclipse
• Understanding of Thrift API
• Previous work with automated tools for testing Mobile applications
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Save your PDF using the following format "FirstName LastName (Application Date)". Reference "Sr Java Developer in Test_GRDV185” in email subject line.
No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Date Posted:
- Oct 28, 2014 3:25 PM PDT
- Global Relay Communications Inc.
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 18,000 customers in 90 countries. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android,... more