Location: Portland, OR
Chrome Data Solutions is looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer to join their Portland Oregon office.
As a Senior Java Software Engineer you will mentor other technical associates through project and daily assignments while delivering top quality software. You will be expected to drive and contribute to research, design, documentation, and modifications to software specifications throughout the production life cycle. This position has primary responsibilities in designing, coding, testing, debugging and analyzing software programs and applications. You will be joining our other seasoned experts in the development process and should possess superior technical and client domain knowledge which you will leverage from project initiation through release and maintenance.
- Write and implement top quality code into our production environment and mentor others in this effort
- Work with Business Analysts, Architects & other Programmers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs & applications
- Lead offshore and onshore project design and development activities
- Provide technical solutions and design to key project stakeholders
- Mentor junior software engineer associates daily as needed (no direct reporting responsibilities)
- Generate statistics and prepare reports for management and/or team members on the status of the project
- BSc. in Computer Science or 7+ years equivalent work experience
- 5+ years working experience designing and building web based applications with Java
- Comfortable in a leadership role, able to provide technical mentorship to offshore & onshore teammates
- Solid technical proficiency - Able to quickly understand complex logic in new domain areas, demonstrate sound application of design patterns, produce high quality software components, etc
- Advance SQL and database development skills
- Experience with Java frameworks/build systems (i.e. Maven, JUnit) and testing related technologies
- Superior problem solving and communication skills (written and verbal)
At Chrome Data Solutions, we value leadership role models at all levels, teamwork, operational excellence, accountability, client centricity, innovation and a passion for knowledge. We provide open and transparent communications with team members, fostering a timely, two-way flow of information. By enhancing our team members' skill set, we are able to innovate more successfully.
We offer several programs to promote wellness and help team members achieve life balance. We provide an extensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, short & long term disability, educational reimbursement, 401k, and health club reimbursement plans. For more information about Chrome Data, please go to: www.chromedata.com. Chrome Data Solutions is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
- Date Posted:
- Aug 17, 2015 1:02 AM PDT
- Autodata Solutions
- Autodata Solutions
- London, Ontario, Canada
Autodata Solutions is a technology integration and products company serving the world's largest auto manufacturers and their partners with data aggregation, syndication, technology and custom solutions. It is our mission to provide custom solutions and online applications that increase the effectiveness of the automotive sales chain and help put vehicles in consumer’s driveways. We have a... more