Senior Java Engineer – Automation Frameworks (SDET)
This role is not for suitable for all Java experts. You need to be an excellent Java designer and developer with an eye for quality who loves to develop internal products (test automation frameworks) that will be used on enterprise software products. You need to be able to collaborate with a variety of teams to truly understand what is needed and be able to deliver on those requirements. You need to love experimenting with open source tools and have a continuous improvement mindset.
This is a newly reorganized team that is looking to hire two automation framework developers. Your initial role will be to identify ways to improve their current framework while starting to plan for the development of new frameworks. These new development projects will commence in three to six months although there is expected to be an ongoing need for new automation frameworks as their product portfolio expands and matures. You will gain experience to third party applications and open source tools as you help build their next generation of automation frameworks.
Our client currently employs approximately 500 talented high tech people around the world. They are pre-IPO and truly value their people – they don’t just say it: they invest in training, benefits and work life balance (some work from home options available). They also offer share options because they want their team invested in their success. And if you are thinking about the future, they offer a track record of developing and promoting from within.
What you need to have:
• 8+ years of experience including 3+ years in Java design and development
• A track record of developing automation frameworks in Java (at least one automation framework)
• Experience with Linux and/or Windows (expertise in one and at least knowledge of the other)
• Open source tools experience and a passion for identifying new technology that adds value in the work place
What you will be doing:
• Design, code, implement and maintain test automation frameworks
• Work closely with users to ensure an understanding of their requirements
• Contribute to your team’s leadership role of ensuring the company remains a leader in the tools and technologies that they use
Please note: Candidates need to be authorized to work in Canada and available immediately for interviews in Vancouver.
The link to apply for this role is below. If you saw this opportunity on TechVibes, please let us know in your cover letter / email.
For information about TEEMA Solutions Group and to consider other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.teemagroup.com
- Date Posted:
- May 26, 2014 2:39 PM PDT
- TEEMA Solutions Group
- TEEMA Solutions Group
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
TEEMA Solutions Group is a customized staffing and technology solutions firm that offers talent management solutions including talent placement, payroll outsourcing and vendor management, as well as technology-certified Managed Services for system integration projects, as well as Practice Lead and Project Management services. The company began in 2008 as TEEMA Consulting Group Inc. In 2012,... more