A Little About Us:
Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to the success it is today. With over 100 Vikings already on board, and studios in both London, ON and Toronto, ON, we are masters in the free-to-play mobile and social gaming markets. In this short time, Big Viking Games has proudly amassed millions of loyal fans across its many popular titles with no signs of slowing down. We believe by investing in our employees and in new technologies, such as HTML5, we can continue our success for years to come. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join our growing team, and that’s where you come in!
The Nitty Gritty:
Big Viking Games is on the hunt for a full-time Senior QA Analyst to help us in our quest of creating the most fun and engaging mobile games. As QA Analyst, your primary responsibility is to create and execute test cases for assigned features while communicating issues, risks and test statuses in a timely and detailed manner. You are a key player in helping us provide our fans with the best gaming experiences available. This position is available at either our London, ON or Toronto, ON studios.
- Upstream testing and analysis to prevent bugs from entering the integrated game code. You're a gatekeeper; no bug is getting past you!
- Creating, maintaining and executing test plans that test a product from end-to-end
- Verifying and broadcasting performance results on multiple environments and platforms. You are a quarterback of communication and ensure that tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated.
- Executing test routines for integration, system, load and performance testing
- Effectively collaborating with team members to achieve the best results - you play well in the Viking sandbox.
- A Titan of triage, you properly catalogue priority and severity of issues found during the QA testing process. You are the master of Jira and Confluence
- 5+ years of experience in a QA environment, testing across multiple platforms
- Degree in Computer Science an asset, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in a QA role within the mobile gaming environment a strong bonus
- Proven track record with test automation and black box testing; previous experience with white box testing an asset
- Experience using various bug tracking systems and test case management programs
- Proven experience scripting (have the ability to create test scripts)
- Must be self motivated with a strong work ethic, and be able to work with limited supervision
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner, in both verbal and written format
- Online environment and mobile testing experience an asset
- A passion for gaming
- Competitive salaries & Employee Stock Option plan
- Comprehensive benefit package, including generous time off policies
- Creative and non-traditional work environment with no suits allowed
(except on Fancy Fridays) - Vikings work best in comfort
- Frequent company outings, events and get-togethers
- Stocked kitchen, unlimited snacks and beverages, along with breakfast and daily hot lunches
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited you want to scream? Great! We want to hear from you! Submit your application today!
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
- Date Posted:
- May 26, 2016 7:28 AM PDT
- Big Viking Games
- Big Viking Games
- London, Ontario, Canada
Big Viking Games is a leading social and mobile game development studio. The company focuses on making fans both externally and internally and has been recognized as the Globe and Mail's Top 100 Employer for 2014 and Top 50 Employer for Young People. With studios in London, Ontario and Toronto, Ontario our team of developers, artists and game designers are industry specialists who embrace the... more