Job ID: GRQA140
Location: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full Time
Global Relay is the world leader in cloud-based messaging, archiving and search technology for the financial sector. Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver’s Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and were recognized by numerous awards including Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2012 and 2011), CEO of the Year (for our CEO Warren Roy in 2012) and Deloitte’s list of 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2012).
Since 1999, more than 16,000 firms spanning 90 countries have entrusted Global Relay to securely archive their electronic messaging — including email, instant messaging, BlackBerry, social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) and more. Our intuitive apps for iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry and Android let people access all their communications anytime, anywhere. With over 200 employees, Global Relay is growing at a rapid pace in Vancouver and internationally. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create cool technologies using massively scalable “big data” architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Global Relay is looking for QA Analysts experienced in establishing test environments, writing test scripts, and executing tests for API/protocol driven enterprise products. The successful candidate will be able to work side-by-side with developers to identify and develop test strategies with minimal technical instruction on API/protocol.
This is the right job for you if you are outgoing, attentive to detail, eager to learn new technologies and interested in expanding your existing QA skill set while working on exciting projects in an environment that fosters growth on both personal and career fronts. The candidate must be self motivated and is capable of working independently as well as in a larger synergetic team setting.
- Participate in Specifications Review, Test Planning, creation and execution of Test Cases, defect reporting, and defect verification
- Responsible for identifying and raising risks as early as possible in an Agile environment
- Produce project documentation for internal and external use (e.g. FAQs, setup documentation, test plans, test cases, release notes, etc.)
- Assist other QA team members and developers in the setup and configuration of test environments
- Responsible for working on a suite of related products
- Collaborate with other departments during the investigation and reproduction of defects that impact our customers
- Execute functional and performance testing
- Provide suggestions and take on extra responsibilities as the team grows
- Understand the customer's needs and reflect this knowledge during test case execution and defect investigation
- Strong understanding of what constitutes a complete test suite for API/protocol driven products
- Able to write test cases for API/protocol driven products with minimal technical training from development
- Comfortable working on Linux and Windows Platforms
- Conceptualization of Bamboo, Maven and Fabric as build tools for the test automation code base
- Prior experience with SVN or CVS for source version control
- Previous exposure to test execution on an enterprise system
- Solid understanding of Agile concepts and experience with their application within the QA world
- Experience in Functional Test Case Automation
- General understanding of domains and networking principles
- Good understanding of TLS and SSL
- Familiarity with TCP and UDP, along with tools that allow for testing traffic sent over these protocols
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience with testing a suite of products that pertain to instant messaging
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in an environment with rapidly changing responsibilities and requirements
- Goal oriented self-starter who can work independently as well as in a team environment with minimal supervision and has an appetite for continuous learning; comfortable working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Load, stress, performance, security and capacity test automation experience
- Familiarity with a defect tracking system, preferably JIRA
- Experience with instant messaging clients such as Yahoo and MSN.
- Previous exposure to TestLog for testcase management is beneficial
- Familiarity with C/C++ will be an advantage
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document. Save your PDF using the following format to indicate your full name and application date e.g. John Smith (Apr 02 2012); and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference "Senior QA - GRQA140 " in subject line.
No phone call please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
To learn more about us and other career opportunities, please visit http://www.globalrelay.com/about-us/careers
- Date Posted:
- Nov 27, 2013 3:56 PM PST
- Global Relay Communications Inc.
Global Relay is the world leader in cloud-based messaging, archiving and search technology for the financial sector. Global Relay is headquartered in Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London and Singapore. Since 1999, more than 15,000 firms spanning 90 countries have entrusted Global Relay to securely archive their electronic messaging — including email, instant messaging, BlackBerry, social media... more