Job ID: GRQA152
Location: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full-time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 18,000 customers in 90 countries. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and were recognized by numerous awards including Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2012 and 2011), Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), and Deloitte's list of 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2013).
With over 325 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create cool technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit (www.globalrelay.com).
Global Relay is looking for a Senior QA Analyst experienced in establishing test environments, writing test plans, test scripts, and executing tests for Global Relay Services. Global Relay Services are provided to customers through combination of component products developed by Global Relay. The successful candidate will be an experienced and hands-on self-starter that work with component teams to identify and develop test strategies, document and execute tests across products, and to investigate and verify service level issues.
This is the right job for you if you are outgoing, attentive to detail, eager to learn new technologies and interested in expanding your existing QA skill set while working on exciting projects in an environment that fosters growth on both personal and career fronts. The candidate must be self motivated and is capable of working independently as well as in a larger synergetic team setting.
• Work in a client-server environment where you will be required to test both frontend and backend
• Participate in Specifications Review, Test Planning, Creation and Execution of Test Cases using TestLog, Defect Reporting, and Defect Verification, using JIRA based on the Agile Scrum model
• Work on Automation of test cases (using tools such as Selenium and J-meter) and expand the test Automation coverage in a logical manner
• Responsible for raising risks as early as possible in the System Development Life Cycle
• Analysis of complicated systems with many points of integration on a low level where you may be exposed to the code base
• Provide suggestions and take on extra responsibilities as the team grows
• Generation of data that is required for repeated regression of test cases (data includes email files of various formats and attachments)
• Documentation of information on Confluence Wiki
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask in an environment with rapidly changing responsibilities and requirements
• Quick learner who enjoys learning new technologies and is able to keep the big picture in mind during the testing of a system that integrates with other systems
• Working knowledge of MIME email format, mail headers, mail servers (SMTP and IMAP), and mail clients (eg. MS Outlook/Outlook Express)
• Comfortable working on both UNIX and Windows platforms
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• A good understanding of Agile Development and how QA is performed within an Agile Methodology
• Able to work independently and in a team setting
• Must be flexible in terms of working hours
• Ability to work as part of a self-organizing team in which tasks are determined on a daily basis in co-ordination with coworkers rather than waiting for work to be assigned to you
• Working knowledge of UTF-8/Unicode
• Working knowledge of encryption standards that are used for emails
• SQL experience. PostgreSQL is preferred.
• Understanding of SVN or GIT
• Experience with tools such as J-Meter/ or Selenium
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Save your PDF using the following format "FirstName LastName (Application Date)". Reference "Sr QA Analyst - MAWA_GRQA152” in email subject line.
No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Date Posted:
- Jun 2, 2014 1:34 PM PDT
- Global Relay Communications Inc.
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 18,000 customers in 90 countries. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android,... more