Job ID: GRQA157
Location: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full-Time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 18,000 customers in 90 countries. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and were recognized by numerous awards including Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2012 and 2011), Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), and Deloitte's list of 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2013).
With over 325 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create cool technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit (www.globalrelay.com).
Global Relay is looking for an intermediate - Senior QA Analyst experienced in establishing test environments, writing test plans, test scripts, and executing tests for Global Relay Services. Global Relay Services are provided to customers through combination of component products developed by Global Relay. The successful candidate will work with component teams to identify and develop test strategies at the service level, document and execute tests across products, to investigate and verify service level issues.
This is the right job for you if you are outgoing, attentive to detail, eager to learn new technologies and interested in expanding your existing QA skill set while working on exciting projects in an environment that fosters growth on both personal and career fronts. The candidate must be self motivated and is capable of working independently as well as in a larger synergetic team setting.
• Review design specifications and high level requirements. Provide feedback to product owner. Identify test coverage. Develop test cases.
• Execute manual and automated test cases, report, investigate, and follow up defect in different test phases.
• Produce project documentation for internal and external use (e.g. FAQs, setup documentation, test plans, test cases, release notes, etc.).
• Assist other QA team members and developers in the setup and configuration of test environment.
• Collaborate with other departments during the investigation and reproduction of defects that impact our customers.
• Perform functional, performance, load, capacity, security and stress tests for a mission-critical, high-availability system.
• Provide suggestions and take on extra responsibilities as the team grows.
• Strong understanding of what constitutes a complete test suite for API/protocol driven products.
• Demonstrated ability to derive end to end test cases from high level requirements.
• Experience with client-server and web based testing.
• Good knowledge of relational and non-relational databases.
• Familiarity with HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, SSL and tools that allow for testing traffic sent over HTTPS.
• Solid understanding of Agile concepts and experience with their application within the QA world.
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment and communicate well with other teams.
• Goal oriented self-starter who can work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision. Must have an appetite for continuous learning and be comfortable working under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
• Has the know-how to generate supporting documentation for a project that allows other members of the team to participate in testing during the peaks of a Development Life Cycle.
• Familiarity with a defect tracking system, preferably JIRA.
• Comfortable working on Linux, Solaris, Mac, and Windows Platforms.
• Previous exposure to Jetty, Apache, Cassandra, SQL, Windows server 2008/2008R2/2012/2012R2, Exchange Email system, AD, and ADFS are an asset.
• Good understanding of Continuous Integration concepts, tools, and best practices.
• Previous experience with the software deployment using Puppet or similar tools.
• Prior experience with GIT, SVN, CVS or other source version control tools.
• Hands-on experience in service level or system level testing.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills with the ability to multi-task in an environment with rapidly changing responsibilities and requirements.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to: email@example.com. Save your PDF using the following format "FirstName LastName (Application Date)". Reference "Int/Sr QA Analyst - Service Level_GRQA157” in email subject line.
No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Date Posted:
- Oct 28, 2014 3:29 PM PDT
- Global Relay Communications Inc.
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 18,000 customers in 90 countries. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android,... more