Vancouver, BC Canada
We were voted BC Business and Techvibes top employer of the year!
We are revolutionizing the way the world communicates via social.
Hootsuite is looking for a Senior QA Automation Engineer to join the Engineering team in our Vancouver office. As our ideal candidate you are passionate about software and shipping high quality products to customers.
As a Senior QA Automation Engineer you will work with Software Engineers and Product Managers to scope, design, implement, and maintain test automation and performance testing frameworks. Success in this role requires coding skills as well as a deep understanding of Quality Assurance principles and Continuous Integration methods. You will also create smoke and regression test scripts to test product functionality and integration with dependencies. You will test API 's, user interfaces, web services, and/or web apps and write performance, load and stress tests - in a continuous delivery environment where code ships to production many times a day. You will also apply proven analytical and problem solving skills to help validate processes through careful testing in order to enhance product quality.
- Creation of Test Automation Frameworks and Test Automation Suites for IOS, Android and Web apps and services.
- Execution of automated testing and manual testing where necessary.
- Works with teams through the design and test stages to ensure strict adherence to business requirements.
- Extend existing UI-based test automation suite (Selenium)
- Track features and bugs (Jira)
- Provide mentorship to QA team members
- Evaluate tools and technologies to improve the overall QA process
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years of software development/automation and testing experience
- Experience with requirements analysis, test case identification, test script creation and execution, tracking of defects and reporting of results.
- Experience executing automated scripts such as Selenium or experience with other open source automation tools
- Able to work independently, and within a collaborative team-oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making
- Solid understanding & practical experience of Agile SDLC, with particular emphasis on pipeline automation.
- Coding skills in any of: Java, PHP, Scala, C, C++, .Net, Ruby
- Excelled written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of software quality assurance tools and best practices
- Understanding of of software engineering techniques
- Knowledge of SQL
- Database management with MySQL or MongoDB
- Strong interest in social media
- Date Posted:
- May 28, 2015 12:21 PM PDT
- Hootsuite Media, Inc.
- Hootsuite Media, Inc.
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Hootsuite is the world’s most widely used social media relationship platform. More than 10 million users, including 744 of the Fortune 1000 companies, trust Hootsuite to manage their social media programs across multiple social networks from one integrated dashboard. Learn more about how Hootsuite is revolutionizing communication at http://www.hootsuite.com. more