Job ID: GROP114
Location: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full-time
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 18,000 customers in 90 countries. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android, Outlook and Web access.
Global Relay is headquartered in Vancouver's Gastown, with offices in New York, Chicago, London, and Singapore. We strive to be a top employer and were recognized by numerous awards including Top 10 Best Companies to Work for in BC (2012 and 2011), Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures (2013), and Deloitte's list of 50 fastest-growing companies in Canada (2013).
With over 325 employees, Global Relay is growing rapidly and looking for new talent. Global Relay provides fantastic opportunities to individuals with passion in business and technology. For those with international business aspirations, Global Relay offers invaluable exposure to doing business with some of the most influential companies in the world. Global Relay is also ideal for people who want to create cool technologies using massively scalable "big data" architecture and a strong focus on mobile.
Apply today – we have five floors of great open space offices with a fast-paced vibe, lots of amenities, a roof top deck & BBQ, and an in-house chef, all located in the heart of Gastown near Waterfront Station. To learn more about our culture and community involvement, please visit (www.globalrelay.com).
We are looking for a Senior Security Administrator to join our growing Information Security team. The successful candidate will be working with the Senior Information Security Manager for the design, planning, implementation, and maintenance of Global Relay’s security structure. A key component of this role is to ensure the top notch monitoring and protection of Global Relay systems and applications. In addition, this individual will be working closely with the Operations and Development team on security related matters including security awareness programs, policies and standards.
• Review, assess, and prioritize security related events based on severity and criticality
• Evaluate, install, and maintain security related software to ensure best of class monitoring and protection of systems and applications
• Work closely with the Senior Information Security Manager in the implementation, maintenance, and support of enterprise class SIEM software
• Lead vulnerability detection, assessment, and mitigation activities
• Lead web application vulnerability scanning and penetration testing activities
• Oversee security log management and monitoring
• Work closely with Information Security and Operations teams on the implementation and support of IDS and IPS systems
• Work closely with the Senior Information Security Manager to design and maintain Global Relay’s security policies and procedures
• Participate in security incident response activities
• Apply security patches and upgrades on a regular basis
• Work closely with the Senior Information Security Manager and Developers to develop and implement server hardening strategy
• Perform regular vulnerability scans and penetration tests and address issues that arise
• Participate and contribute in the security of our software throughout its life cycle starting at the design phase to post deployment
• Assist with Global Relay security audits
• Assist in the enforcement of security policies
• Participate in security awareness initiatives
• Perform other security related system administration duties as needed
• CISSP certification and 5+ years of experience in a senior information security administrator role for medium to large size companies with a complex network environment
• Expert knowledge of Unix/Linux, Solaris, and BSD Operating Systems
• In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and technologies including Active Directory, Domain Controllers, Group Policies, Exchange and MSSQL
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking and firewalls
• Strong knowledge of intrusion detection and intrusion prevention system (IDS/IPS) and deployment strategies
• Experience with Nessus, Metasploit, Wireshark and other enterprise security and network tools
• Experience maintaining and supporting enterprise class SIEM software
• Ability to research and maintain proficiency in software, tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in information security, network vulnerabilities and encryption
• Ability to communicate diplomatically and effectively at all levels of the organization with all classifications, including the very technical
• Solid problem solving skills
• Ability to multitask
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Save your PDF using the following format "FirstName LastName (Application Date)". Reference "Sr Security Administrator_GROP114” in email subject line.
No phone calls please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
- Date Posted:
- Sep 3, 2014 5:00 PM PDT
- Global Relay Communications Inc.
Global Relay is the leading provider of cloud-based electronic message archiving, supervision, and eDiscovery solutions for the global financial sector, delivering services to 18,000 customers in 90 countries. Global Relay Archive securely captures and preserves email, instant messaging, mobile messaging, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more — with Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android,... more