We are looking for passionate developers to join our increasingly growing team! We are looking for people who live to code, dream of problem solving and share a passion for innovation and adoption. At Avanti, you will have the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge and grow with the company as we deliver outstanding software and applications to our clients.
The successful candidate will work with both product/project management, as well as with internal & outsourced software development teams. This is a great opportunity to help produce 'Fortune 500' applications and services. Come join our expanding team.
We are seeking a highly motivated software developer with a minimum 5 years of application, database, and web development experience - specifically in Microsoft technologies. This individual must have strong organization skills, strong leadership skills and must work well in a team environment.
As a Senior Software Developer at Avanti, you will have a lot on your plate. You will be required to be a hands-on developer who wants to lead a small team. Projects will range from prototype application development to customized integration with 3rd party hosted interfaces, hosted services, reporting services and back-end processes.
• BS degree in computer science or equivalent.
• 5 or more years of experience in software development.
• Experience building and deploying enterprise applications is a must.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience with Microsoft C#, VB.NET and ASP.NET.
• Experience with HTML, XML, CSS, jQuery, ASP.NET.
• Experience with WCF, REST, JSON, Web Services, and SOAP.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience with SQL Server in a production environment including relational database design, implementation and maintenance.
• End-to-end experience in the design and development of commercial software products, including client development, user interface, application tier, and database tier.
• Experience working in the Agile Development methodology as well as more formal SDLC. Avanti primarily uses the Agile methodology.
• Able to clearly define and communicate IT industry standards, processes and best practices.
• Ability to set up, configure, and maintain own hardware environments.
• Experience with online and in-store retail systems an asset.
• Experience with mobile development on any platform an asset.
• Proficient in the English language with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are a must… SERIOUSLY.
Our technology enables this solution…
Picture this: you’ve been coding all day, you have a deadline in a few hours and you can’t remember the last time you saw or tasted food. Your stress level is increasing, blood sugar and energy decreasing. You finally get a few minutes to breathe – time to get some food! You get to your favorite restaurant and there is a line-up that goes around the block. It’s peak lunch hour. Lucky you, you already ordered & paid from your smartphone before you left the office. Problem solved! Walk past all those people, right to the front counter. Your food is ready! You just skipped the line!
Avanti extends the order and payment process outside of the store, a convenient, fast and simple option for the consumer. Mobile Commerce is rapidly growing and technology is becoming a very important competitive advantage in all industries, especially the restaurant industry. This is a great opportunity to be involved in this rapidly growing trend and grow your skills along with it. Come join our expanding team!
Our platform is currently deployed in over 27,000 locations in the United States and Canada. No other company in the world has more Mobile Commerce, Remote Order & Pay experience or has systems deployed at the same scale as Avanti. For more information, feel free to explore our company website www.avanti.com as well as our sister company’s website www.cardant.com.
For further consideration, please email your résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and enter “Senior Software Developer” in the Subject field. Any supplemental portfolio material is welcomed.
Please note that only local candidates will be considered (i.e. residing in the Lower Mainland).
No agencies or recruiters please.
- Date Posted:
- Aug 11, 2014 9:11 AM PDT
- Avanti Commerce Inc.
Avanti extends the order and payment process outside of the store, saving the customer time and increasing the restaurant’s revenue. Mobile Commerce is rapidly growing and technology is becoming a very important competitive advantage in all industries, especially the restaurant industry. Guests now expect to be able to order from their smartphone anytime, anywhere. Avanti’s Remote Order & Pay Platform is currently... more