Katalyst Data Management is the leading end-to-end geophysical data management company. Our unique SaaS (Software as a Service) hosting solution provides our customers the ability to organize, store and access all their geophysical information from a single web-based ESRI map interface.
Katalyst Data Management is seeking a Senior Software Developer to join our team in Calgary, AB. Reporting to the Chief Architect, in this role you will solve complex problems requiring a detailed knowledge of programming languages, technologies, tools and techniques as you help design, create and maintain our customer-facing web applications and suite of internal tools while mentoring more junior members of the team.
- Gather and document Technical Specifications for the system developments and enhancements iterations as approved by management. Analyze functional needs, seeking clarifications where necessary. Propose solutions and identify alternatives that conform to the goals and objectives of the department
- Develop programs, scripts, applications using various development tools in support of the development objectives ensuring activities are documented and the documentation is filed properly. Liaise with the associated parties that may be required to realize the solution or that may be impacted by the solution
- Manage the full life cycle of product development iterations including code deployments to QA and Production environments
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders by conference, e-mail, etc. to ensure design solutions are appropriate to address the underlying business need
- Liaise with the internal support team to assist in issue cause identification and resolution development
- Participate in code reviews to ensure adherence to coding standards
- Use source control to manage project versions and code changes
- Perform unit tests and perform/support integration testing, QA testing, and User Acceptance testing to ensure products are thoroughly tested before release to production
- Provide indirect support to the various business user groups as directed by management. Undertake research and propose solutions to management
- Perform other duties as directed
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in computer science or related field.
- 8+ years of development experience, with a strong proficiency in Java.
- Exposure to SQL databases (preferably Oracle).
- Proficiency in Windows and Linux or UNIX.
- Experience with SVN or equivalent source control system.
- Exposure to GIS and mapping systems (ESRI) an asset.
- Experience with seismic data and the PPDM data model is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Date Posted:
- Aug 27, 2014 2:06 PM PDT
- Katalyst Data Management
- Katalyst Data Management
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Katalyst Data Management® provides end-to-end subsurface data management for the oil and gas industry. Our unique SaaS (Software as a Service) hosting solution provides our customers the ability to organize, store and access all their geophysical information from a single web based ESRI map interface. Through our recent acquisition of the legacy Oil Data business, Katalyst brings over 35 years... more